Advertisement

Michael Alan Nelson Discusses Writing "Supergirl"

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts

Michael Alan Nelson Discusses Writing "Supergirl"

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 am

Michael Alan Nelson Discusses Writing

Michael Alan Nelson takes over Supergirl in May, working with current artist Mahmud Asrar

Source: Newsarama

Michael Alan Nelson, previously on The Ravagers, takes over Supergirl in May, working with current artist Mahmud Asrar.  DC has already said that 2013 will be a big year for Superman with the new movie ‘Man of Steel’ and the new comic by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee, and now Nelson implies this title will be part of those plans and more in the DCU.

Nelson is continuing the story of Kara's "coming of age," and also promising to add a sense of adventure to the book while developing a rogues gallery for Kara. 

Concerning Power Girl on the cover of Supergirl #20 and her role in this title: "She certainly has a pivotal role in the events of the issue. Her presence results in some unexpected complications for Supergirl. All I can say is that it's a really good thing for Supergirl that Power Girl is there. Until it's not. Her appearance is part of the complication I just mentioned. How much of that affects Power Girl later on, we'll just have to wait and see.”

Nelson describes PowerGirl as more of a "glass half-full" to Supergirl's "wait, I have a glass?" PowerGirl is a fun but interesting challenge.  

Supergirl is a rich and incredibly complex character. I want to explore how those complexities affect her attempts to adapt to living on Earth, how she forms relationships, how she reacts when those relationships fall apart — all while dealing with problems that only an alien teen with god-like powers would have to deal with. I said that I think there's a joy to Power Girl that Supergirl hasn't found yet. The key word in that sentence is 'yet.' It's my hope to tell a story that shows her journey toward finding that joy and sharing all the devastating lows and breathtaking highs along the way. 

Nelson goes on to talk about villains, Kara's life outside the costume, Superman, and more. Read the full interview at Newsarama.

Supergirl #20 goes on sale May 15, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand