Friday, May 6, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

JIM LEE ON THE COVER OF JUSTICE LEAGUE #6

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

JIM LEE ON THE COVER OF JUSTICE LEAGUE #6Check out a sneak peek at Jim Lee's cover for Justice League #6 the final issue of the Darkseid arc.

From Josh Kushins over at DC's Blog,

Out next week, JUSTICE LEAGUE #6 concludes the historic first arc of the flagship series, uniting the World's Greatest Super Heroes for the very first time. Written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by Jim Lee, the issue pits the team against Darkseid in a battle that will have lasting consequences for the heroes and the series.

"I wanted to create a cover which resonated with what I consider to be the most classic Darkseid story – namely the Great Darkness Saga – so that entailed the Justice League bowing down naturally to the power of Darkseid," said Lee. "Except of course Batman who, despite not having powers, fights with all his strength in defiance."

Check out the cover to JUSTICE LEAGUE #6 here.

Source: DC Comics - The Source
Written or Contributed by: Tom K

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/comics-news/18425-jim-lee-on-the-cover-of-justice-league-6.html/

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Friggin Sweet. Jim Lee is an amazing artist. I buy any comic book he draws simply for the fact that he's drawing it.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't see Jim Lee on that cover at all. Just a bunch of superheroes.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Great cover. Not really loving the Darkseid design though.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Since Batman has more will to resist than Green Lantern, why not make Batman a Green Lantern?

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:17 pm

is aquaman's trident going through superman?

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 pm

GHERU wrote:is aquaman's trident going through superman?

It looks broken to me. So I don't think so.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Zenguru wrote:Since Batman has more will to resist than Green Lantern, why not make Batman a Green Lantern?

Batman doesn't need to be slowed down by a silly power ring. :lol:

Seriously, it's because he operates on the basis of scaring criminals which is why a Sinestro Corps ring tried to bond with him.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Ivan Reis variant is pretty sweet as well:

Gary Franks cover for #7 is awesome two except for Supermans hair :lol:

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 am

TS PUNK wrote:Gary Franks cover for #7 is awesome two except for Supermans hair :lol:

Why does Cyborg look old in that picture? He is a teenager right now in Justice League, adjusting for the 5 year leap after the first arc he would be 22-23 max. On that cover he looks much older.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 am

Sakie wrote:
Why does Cyborg look old in that picture? He is a teenager right now in Justice League, adjusting for the 5 year leap after the first arc he would be 22-23 max. On that cover he looks much older.

Frank has a habit of making characters look older than they are supposed to be. Check out his Superman/Legion story, where some of the female characters looked they were over forty and botoxed to the max.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 am

LOLtron wrote:Check out a sneak peek at Jim Lee's cover for Justice League #6 the final issue of the Darkseid arc.

From Josh Kushins over at DC's Blog,

Out next week, JUSTICE LEAGUE #6 concludes the historic first arc of the flagship series, uniting the World's Greatest Super Heroes for the very first time. Written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by Jim Lee, the issue pits the team against Darkseid in a battle that will have lasting consequences for the heroes and the series.

"I wanted to create a cover which resonated with what I consider to be the most classic Darkseid story – namely the Great Darkness Saga – so that entailed the Justice League bowing down naturally to the power of Darkseid," said Lee. "Except of course Batman who, despite not having powers, fights with all his strength in defiance."

Check out the cover to JUSTICE LEAGUE #6 here.

Source: DC Comics - The Source
Written or Contributed by: Tom K

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/comics-news/18425-jim-lee-on-the-cover-of-justice-league-6.html/

Heroes kneeling down to Darkseid? Where have I seen this before?

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 am

The Nacireman wrote:
Heroes kneeling down to Darkseid? Where have I seen this before?

Wow! You are so observant. Jim Lee should fess up and admit that he used that idea.

(from the op)

"I wanted to create a cover which resonated with what I consider to be the most classic Darkseid story – namely the Great Darkness Saga – so that entailed the Justice League bowing down naturally to the power of Darkseid," said Lee.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 am

GHERU wrote:Wow! You are so observant. Jim Lee should fess up and admit that he used that idea.

(from the op)

Oops. :oops:

I'll blame this on trying to post between writing SWRT stuff this morning.

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 am

Frank's Wonder Woman looks really nice.

Lee's Batman is missing the fin attachments on his gauntlets.

leave a comment with facebook