Wednesday, December 7, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Trailer for Baz Lurhmann's The Great Gatsby Released

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Trailer for Baz Lurhmann's The Great Gatsby ReleasedThe trailer for the upcoming movie adaptation of the classic F. Scott Fitzgerald novel has posted online.

The plot of the film can be described as....

"Nick Carraway, a Midwesterner now living on Long Island, finds himself fascinated by the mysterious past and lavish lifestyle of his neighbor, Jay Gatsby. He is drawn into Gatsby's circle, becoming a witness to obsession and tragedy."

Leonardo Dicaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton star in the movie. Luhrmann's previous work includes Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet.

The Great Gatsby hits theaters on Christmas of this year.

Source: ENTV
Written or Contributed by: GLX

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/entertainment-news/19530-trailer-for-baz-lurhmanns-the-great-gatsby-released.html/

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 pm

why is Baz Lurhman still alive?

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed May 23, 2012 4:36 am

That looks awesome!! Love Baz Lurhman. :shock:

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 am

Ugh.

Aside from the fact that Gatsby has proven to be just about unfilmable up to this point, there are very few directors who are less suited to the task than Baz 'I shit rainbows' Lurmann. The entire tone of the trailer is wrong. And it's in 3D.

This is going to be a massive shit sandwich. Hollywood needs to leave classic novels alone.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed May 23, 2012 5:05 am

Gatsby doesn't seem too unfilmable, but that certainly looks unwatchable.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 am

I agree with Nieto's assessment but it looks like it could be good and may be willing to go see it in Theaters. Though the 3D part is mind boggling why.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed May 23, 2012 7:11 am

I want to see this film.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am

nietoperz wrote:Ugh.

Aside from the fact that Gatsby has proven to be just about unfilmable up to this point, there are very few directors who are less suited to the task than Baz 'I shit rainbows' Lurmann. The entire tone of the trailer is wrong. And it's in 3D.

This is going to be a massive shit sandwich. Hollywood needs to leave classic novels alone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about the feel of the trailer. It's too shiny, if that makes sense. Plus, I know it's just a trailer but a kanye song? Really?

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 am

Holland Oats wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about the feel of the trailer. It's too shiny, if that makes sense. Plus, I know it's just a trailer but a kanye song? Really?

That's exactly what I thought. Way too shiny.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 am

Tobey aside, great cast, though.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 23, 2012 9:52 am

I repeat, why is he still alive? This looks very very very bad.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 am

Why the Tobey hate? He's a goofy looking dude who is perpetually awkward looking, but I think he is a decent actor.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed May 23, 2012 10:06 am

Rockman wrote:Why the Tobey hate? He's a goofy looking dude who is perpetually awkward looking, but I think he is a decent actor.

he is the male Kristen Stewart in terms of acting ability

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am

I think I disagree, he just needs the right parts. And I think Nick is a perfect part for him, a passive follower.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed May 23, 2012 10:29 am

Holland Oats wrote:he is the male Kristen Stewart in terms of acting ability

He wants to go topless in his next movie?

leave a comment with facebook