Tuesday, November 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Everyday Thread! Open Everyday For You! So, What's New?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Here's what I bought today:

Francesco Mattina variant

From last week:

Riccardo Federici variant

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Johnny, did you Google that riddle on Deathstroke's padded cell wall? I did. :lol:

I googled both of the riddles :lol:

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
I googled both of the riddles :lol:

Drink more ovaltine?

or something like that . . . . .

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 pm

TheLurker wrote:
Drink more ovaltine?

or something like that . . . . .

You're not even trying, are you? :lol:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 am

"Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be." – Zig Ziglar

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:28 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
You're not even trying, are you? :lol:

I don't get comics anymore, so . . . . I don't know the riddle.

i was trying to paraphrase the Christmas Story thing. But I hate that movie.

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 am

TheLurker wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: For the love of God, man, what is WRONG with you?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 am

TheLurker wrote:

Neither one of them is comic related. Just Google them, although the animal good at baseball should be obvious if you think about it.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:01 pm

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy." – Dale Carnegie

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:51 pm

“Don't you know that four fifths of all our troubles in this life would disappear if we would just sit down and keep still?”
~Calvin Coolidge

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Some people do need to shut the fuck up on shit they know nothing about though for real.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Keb wrote:Some people do need to shut the fuck up on shit they know nothing about though for real.

That would include everyone.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:10 pm

So a while back I made some bolognese sauce that didn't turn out as good as the previous batch. too much meat not enough tomato. I usually make a huge batch and freeze 2/3rds of it.

Yesterday I made Guinness stew and had a lot of leftover mashed potato. I took a portion of the frozen bolognese, added some flour and some beef stock, threw the leftover potato on top and baked a cottage pie. It came out nicely.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Keb wrote:So a while back I made some bolognese sauce that didn't turn out as good as the previous batch. too much meat not enough tomato. I usually make a huge batch and freeze 2/3rds of it.

Yesterday I made Guinness stew and had a lot of leftover mashed potato. I took a portion of the frozen bolognese, added some flour and some beef stock, threw the leftover potato on top and baked a cottage pie. It came out nicely.

THAT sounds tasty indeed!

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Keb wrote:So a while back I made some bolognese sauce that didn't turn out as good as the previous batch. too much meat not enough tomato. I usually make a huge batch and freeze 2/3rds of it.

Good job being creative.

tomorrow I plan on browning a pound of Italian seasoned ground turkey. Then when it is nearly done adding a can of Italian seasoned dice tomatoes. I'll preheat the oven to about 200. I'll put the turkey/tomato mix into soft tortillas and add a whole bunch of shredded mozzarella. Fold over the tortillas and add more cheese on top. then bake for 10-ish minutes to get good and melty.

I do this usually with Mexican seasoned turkey and tomates w/green chilis, so this will be a first adapting it to something like this. Could be good, could me meh. I will have some steamed broccoli as a side.

leave a comment with facebook