Friday, September 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 am

Mac E Tero wrote:The Shocker gets rocked all nite!

Wow, Abba is really branching out when it comes to their style of music.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:48 pm

jephd wrote:Also has any artist ever switched up the spidey hand gesture when hes fighting the shocker and if not why not?

Spider-Man's a trekkie and insists on using "the Spocker" instead.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Lloyd Kaufman interviewing Herschell Gordon Lewis. NSFW

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Dudes and ladydudes - those of you who enjoy PC games should check out the Humble Bundle Trove page - there are a bunch of games there which can be downloaded for free for the next 24 hours or so. Of the freebies, LIMBO is the only one I already own - definitely worth checking out, particularly for free.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Fysh wrote:Last night I watched about half of Phase IV, a 70s Saul-Bass-directed sci-fi film. It's pretty good and quite weird in the way that a lot of 70s sci-fi seems to have been (I stopped halfway through because I was too tired and didn't want to fall asleep mid-film).

The oddest thing is that one of the two scientists both looks and sounds (in voice and dialogue) quite like Jemaine Clements' character in Legion. Coupled with the weird ambiguity of when the events of Legion take place, it feels very much like the film could be a side story about Oliver Bird...

Oh, that is a film that I like very much and did ever since I first saw it, when I was about 13 or 14.
Who'd have thought ants could be so scary.... but who are the real monsters, I ask you!?!! :twisted:

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:51 am

Holy fuckballs! This time tomorrow I'll be halfway through my first workday in 18 months.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:01 am

Stephen Day wrote:I just posted my review in the latest Review Group:

post10985670.html#p10985670

This time, the pick was Asgardians of the Galaxy #1

Gotta guard thst ass!

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 am

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/15/when-joe-quesada-talked-to-comicsgates-jon-malin-ethan-van-sciver-and-richard-meyer/

Respect to Quesada for taking on these people.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Latest part in the Warhammer 40K youtube fan film Helsreach. Only one more to go after this one I think. It is a shame they didn't have the colouring sorted for the earlier parts, it looks great in the final few chapters.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:37 pm

:caught up on a few weeks of Review group.

Review Group #653 - House Amok #1
Postby jephd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:24 pm

I went into this blind. I knew nothing except that id been slightly disappointed in black crown so far. The cartoony art took a lot of the edge off some strong violence and got me to buy in to the concept that the family might, might be in the right. That the delusions depths were revealed in the las 3 pages followed by the last page twist set up an interesting tale. I wont be back next issue but i may well chack out the trade to see how the story comes together.
5.5/10

: Review Group #654 - Asgardians of the Galaxy #1
Postby jephd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Fun set up issue bringing together a bunch of mostly fondly remembered characters alongside a couple of completely forgotten ones, for an infinity wars tangential romp. The issue does a good job of setting up the relationship group and their surface mission whilst leaving enough questions unanswered for the future. The return of Throg, Kevin Masterson, Annabelle Riggs and Angela is overshadowed somewhat by the reveal of the Destroyers driver. Is this the loki seen elsewhere recently in disguise or is young loki truly back... and if so how?

I enjoyed the issue but wasnt blown away. 7/10

Review Group #655 - Cemetary Beach #1
Postby jephd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:50 pm

The new one from the team behind Trees is something a bit different. Where the hard sci-fi trappings of Trees frames a thoughtful character piece, this is a fun action romp hanging on an interesting twist on steampunk. Our hero(?) Is a charming but dangerous spy from earth in a lost interplanetary colony that really doesnt want to be found. Twist is, its 2018 and the colony is 100 years old.... and massive. On escaping from custody and teaming up with a "murderous" local guide, we start a run through a world where tech has developed independantly since 1920. Warren Ellis is always a must read for me and he doesnt let me down here. 8.5/10

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Well, just watching BvsS for the first time, while playing a VN, so I don't get everything, but what I get is that Eisenberg seems to be trying to be some form of Joker while playing Lex Luthor.

That doesn't work for me at all.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:29 pm

I hate to admit it, because I'm not a fan of the guy, but yes, absolutely.

It's like even if you were agreeing with some of their points (which is pretty hard already), all you see of how they act is that they are whiny, aggressive little alters.

What I have to say is though, the bit about how Marvel keeps how their employes act towards fans online in check, that is something I can absolutely not subscribe to.

We all remember Wacko and Slott and I won't even go into the amount of lies and insult Brevoort constantly produces.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 am

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/16/marvel-left-wing-antifa-politics-spider-man-comics/

Perfectly done. All this, "there never used to be politics in comics" nonsense the alt-right are trumpeting is total nonsense.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:41 am

uz000 wrote:https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/16/marvel-left-wing-antifa-politics-spider-man-comics/

Perfectly done. All this, "there never used to be politics in comics" nonsense the alt-right are trumpeting is total nonsense.

Eddie "the Cross" and Skinhead, White Redeemer are some terrible names though.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:05 am

Moortron wrote:Eddie "the Cross" and Skinhead, White Redeemer are some terrible names though.

From the company that brought you Paste Pot Pete :D

leave a comment with facebook