Tuesday, November 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Sweet, if it's complete I can read it unterrupted. :twisted:

Read Last Stand of the Wreckers, then More than Meets the Eye and then finally Lost Light.

You are going to have a great time.

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:31 am

I have finished season 1 of Sabrina. It was pretty good and a decent ending as well. The aunties are both great as are all the Spellmans. If they keep the firm horror theme going forwards then i'll be very pleased. It was far more horror than I expected it to be.

4.3/5

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 am

I caught Slaughterhouse Rulez last night, it was ok but not great. Entertaining enough with some great moments, but too much generic stuff as well. Skip it at the cinema and wait for Netflix or whatever. 3/5

Also finished reading Daryl Falrymple's "It Will All Hurt", which was great, like a dark surreal fairytale. I really like his art style so the whole thing was great for me, even if it has a bit of a confusing in medias res opening. A similar, but darker, tone to Pop Gun War. I'm really happy to see that Dalrymple has more stuff coming out these days, his storytelling is distinctive and his art is glorious.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Fysh wrote:I caught Slaughterhouse Rulez last night, it was ok but not great. Entertaining enough with some great moments, but too much generic stuff as well. Skip it at the cinema and wait for Netflix or whatever. 3/5

Also finished reading Daryl Falrymple's "It Will All Hurt", which was great, like a dark surreal fairytale. I really like his art style so the whole thing was great for me, even if it has a bit of a confusing in medias res opening. A similar, but darker, tone to Pop Gun War. I'm really happy to see that Dalrymple has more stuff coming out these days, his storytelling is distinctive and his art is glorious.

Sort of wish I'd read this post earlier. I caught a 1.30pm showing of slaughterhouse and had the same reaction. It's not shit, but it was something I could easily have watched whilst doing something constructive at home.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:44 pm

uz000 wrote:
Read Last Stand of the Wreckers, then More than Meets the Eye and then finally Lost Light.

You are going to have a great time.

Already on MTMTE but thanks for the w2reckers tip

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:12 pm

uz000 wrote:I have finished season 1 of Sabrina. It was pretty good and a decent ending as well. The aunties are both great as are all the Spellmans. If they keep the firm horror theme going forwards then i'll be very pleased. It was far more horror than I expected it to be.

4.3/5

They definitely improved it over the comic version since it had an ending :lol:

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:02 pm

uz000 wrote:I have finished season 1 of Sabrina. It was pretty good and a decent ending as well. The aunties are both great as are all the Spellmans. If they keep the firm horror theme going forwards then i'll be very pleased. It was far more horror than I expected it to be.

4.3/5

It was good, but after watching it for a few episodes I realized that it didn't have any nudity or shit I would have expected from a Netflix show. I don't have any complaints about that, more of that I didn't realize I had internalized so much of such content in watching mostly Netlix an premium channel shows that the lack of nudity and a lot of cursing is more surprising than the inclusion of such. Looking forward to season 2 and hope we get some witch hunters which I suspect the bookstore guy is

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 pm

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:47 am

This week I read:

Immortal Hulk #8, 4/5
Not quite as good as previous issues, but still a very enjoyable issue. Consistently entertaining and working the horror vibe very well.

Justice League #11 4.4/5
This is the most fun I've had reading the Justice League since Morrison & Porter in the late 90s. Snyder gives Aquaman and his ancestors a great backstory.

Deathstroke #37 4.4/5
This arc feels as if Priest is finally bringing his A-game. Interesting ideas, while still leaving the reader unsure of what is going on. Good stuff.

The Green Lantern #1 4.5/5
This is best single issue of Morrison DC book since he finished Batman and Robin. I was unimpressed with nu52 Superman, Batman Inc and Multiversity, but this is return to form. I don't even like Hal Jordan, but I'm fully on for the ride. Liam Sharpe's art is really good, much better than the preview art shows. There is slight Judge Dredd vibe going on here as well.

The Dreaming #3 4.6/5
This is currently the best book DC are putting out. Spurrier perfectly captures the essence of the Sandman universe. Judge Gallows is pretty cool, but so is everyone else.

Transformers Lost Light #25, 5/5
The perfect end to one of the greatest comic runs of all time. You can all be relieved I'll stop going on about it now :wink:

A very strong week from DC, but James Roberts had planned the ending to his Transformers run many years in advance, and it was brilliant.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:36 pm

As you all know, I'm the first to defend Image against complaints of lateness and cancellations etc..
but even I can't find anything to say in defence of Stephenson himself leaving several books unfinished, even after they had been solicited up to the final issue and even the collections.

He's the one guy who shouldn't allow himself to do this.

Fysh

cheese

Postby Fysh » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Man, that GL cover art is fugly, and the person who drew it has the square root of fuck all understanding of human musculature and anatomy (which is compounded, as usual, by the idea of a skintight uniform which shows off every crease and fold of muscle, yet remains mysteriously Ken-doll-smooth in the crotch area).

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Fysh wrote:Man, that GL cover art is fugly, and the person who drew it has the square root of fuck all understanding of human musculature and anatomy (which is compounded, as usual, by the idea of a skintight uniform which shows off every crease and fold of muscle, yet remains mysteriously Ken-doll-smooth in the crotch area).

Yeah, the art in that book is getting some good mentions, but just based on the cover I'm not seeing it. Maybe the interiors are better.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:17 pm

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Fysh wrote:Man, that GL cover art is fugly, and the person who drew it has the square root of fuck all understanding of human musculature and anatomy (which is compounded, as usual, by the idea of a skintight uniform which shows off every crease and fold of muscle, yet remains mysteriously Ken-doll-smooth in the crotch area).

RobThompson wrote:Yeah, the art in that book is getting some good mentions, but just based on the cover I'm not seeing it. Maybe the interiors are better.

So that cover leaves quite a lot to be desired. Also the preview art looked less than stellar as well. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the interior art. I was expecting some sort of DC house style based on 90s Image comics. Instead you've got this very interesting modern take on the silver age.

Also if we are talking about covers then Jae Lee's covers for The Dreaming are absolutely gorgeous.

leave a comment with facebook