Tuesday, November 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Random Chat Thread: we come in peace...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

uz000

Great Scott!!!

Postby uz000 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:03 pm

I'm quite pleased Disney are making a Cassian Andor spin off tv show.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-wars-who-will-be-diego-lunas-cassian-andor-series-1159954

I have always said they should make him a clone and bring him back as he and K2S0 were great. I suspect this will just be a prequel, but I'll take it, as I'm definitely down for more rebel spy action. Not so keen on the Mandolorian tv show.

I got to say I'm not so sure about the proposed Star Trek Georgiou spin off. I'm not even that keen on the new Picard show. Akiva Goldsman's influence is too strong in Trek at the moment. I'd just prefer more Kelvin timeline films at this point.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:29 pm

I got the first volume of the Morrison Batman real cheap. I started reading it when it came out but didn't love it. Hopefully I enjoy this.

Dr. Hackenbush

FROGMAN

Postby Dr. Hackenbush » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:52 pm

My monthly parcel from my comicshop arrived today and in it was the fourth and for now final volume of Silver.

Storywise the classic-vampire/heist comic kept on like a trooper. Not one but several new twists and turns.
While overall the stark contrasted black and white art stayed the same, in terms of storytelling I found it hard to follow and far less visually impressive than previous instalments.
What I mean is, there wasn't a sequence like fe. the three person swordfight on the wheel of a mill of the last vol. or other similarly impressive parts in the first two.

The epilogue leads into a possible sequel, of which Franck is sure it will come at some point.
I tend to believe him, because he managed the same with the first series after all.

I want to read Rosalynd, the GN that tells the story of bad-ass vampire huntress Sledge Van Helsing, but I kind of shy away from actually buying it, because of the relatively steep price-point and the completely different art style. Well and that so far I can't find it anywhere but on the Dark-Planet Homepage. :evil:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Jesse wrote:Image

I really want to watch this.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 pm

I just went to my cousins wedding.
Well the evening do as i was working all day.
So the last hour of my workday was tough. Persuading a 15 year old girl that jumping in front of a train was a bad idea. whilst also trying to calmly reassure her mother... over the phone... tough.
Suffice it to say i was not in the mood for a family do, let alone that particular side of the family.

Its amazing the difference some quality dance music can make...
You see id forgotten that andy works for the superclub Cream. We were in a tiny little venue in the middle of nowhere with a sound and light rig used at the creamfields festival, 2 cream resident djs and a live appearance from Two thirds of K Klass.

:smt026

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Dr. Hackenbush wrote:My monthly parcel from my comicshop arrived today and in it was the fourth and for now final volume of Silver.

Storywise the classic-vampire/heist comic kept on like a trooper. Not one but several new twists and turns.
While overall the stark contrasted black and white art stayed the same, in terms of storytelling I found it hard to follow and far less visually impressive than previous instalments.
What I mean is, there wasn't a sequence like fe. the three person swordfight on the wheel of a mill of the last vol. or other similarly impressive parts in the first two.

The epilogue leads into a possible sequel, of which Franck is sure it will come at some point.
I tend to believe him, because he managed the same with the first series after all.

I want to read Rosalynd, the GN that tells the story of bad-ass vampire huntress Sledge Van Helsing, but I kind of shy away from actually buying it, because of the relatively steep price-point and the completely different art style. Well and that so far I can't find it anywhere but on the Dark-Planet Homepage. :evil:

Vampires suck

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:00 pm

The temperature here dropped about 30 F and I was not ready for it.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Moortron wrote:The temperature here dropped about 30 F and I was not ready for it.

That happened tp me three times this week

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:02 pm

jephd wrote:Vampires suck

Ok that's it. SUCK YOU ALL. EVERY LAST SINGLE BLOODY ONE OF YOU. I HOPE YOU ALL GET DRAINED OF BLOOD AND GET SUCKED DRY.

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Fuck it's letting me post again.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Moortron wrote:Fuck it's letting me post again.

Fuck, it's letting him post again.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Moortron wrote:Fuck it's letting me post again.

Fuck it's becoming sentient.

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
I really want to watch this.

It has to include Gilda Radner as Jessica Jones!

Moortron

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Moortron » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:53 pm

Keb wrote:Fuck it's becoming sentient.

Just wait until I discover Madonna and sales charts.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:01 pm

NeverReady wrote:
It has to include Gilda Radner as Jessica Jones!

Who would you cast Madeline Kahn as?

leave a comment with facebook