Wednesday, December 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "That smell was here before we went in."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doom Patrol Coming To DC Universe

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:41 pm

Amoebas wrote:I've only seen up to the Jason episode.

There's enough comic book vibe to the show that I'm okay with it. My wife, who knows very little about the characters, loves the show.

Totally. Donna was a real treat, you'll lover her. For me the only part I don't like was Robin, but they've really toned him down over the past few eps.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Is "Starfire" still wearing that turrible outfit?

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Grayson wrote:Is "Starfire" still wearing that turrible outfit?

Yup, but her performance is pretty good though.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Yup, but her performance is pretty good though.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Don't be infringing on z-tron's turf of being judgmental of TV shows he/she/it hasn't watched. :P

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:49 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Don't be infringing on z-tron's turf of being judgmental of TV shows he/she/it hasn't watched. :P

Yeah, but you don't need to watch to know her outfit is hideous. :P

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Donna Troy! 8)

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:04 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Donna Troy! 8)

Apparently they are keeping Donna, and she was a hella likeable character so that's great. I haven't really updated the killcount but since around episode 3 they've been trying to walk back all that Murder hobo robin stuff.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Well...Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven still looks awful. How many episodes have they had now? Eight? Nine? And Kori is still wearing that godawful fucking outfit?!

The inclusion of Donna Troy is intriguing though.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Grayson wrote:Well...Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven still looks awful. How many episodes have they had now? Eight? Nine? And Kori is still wearing that godawful fucking outfit?!

The inclusion of Donna Troy is intriguing though.

Honestly I'm torn. Without the fur coat (which she wears in arizona) the costume would look alot better when she lights up, but on the other hand the artistic design of that fake fur coat is kind of intriguing.

I think the criticism of Raven is a bit silly, given her backstory. Not even sure what you mean by beastboy, he seems spot on. The writing (Except for early Dick) is pretty good too. Are we hating on these series purely for costume now?

It started rough as fuck, but they course corrected and now it's a pretty good series. I'd put it above most of the stuff on the cw for sure.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:Honestly I'm torn. Without the fur coat (which she wears in arizona) the costume would look alot better when she lights up, but on the other hand the artistic design of that fake fur coat is kind of intriguing.

I think the criticism of Raven is a bit silly, given her backstory. Not even sure what you mean by beastboy, he seems spot on. The writing (Except for early Dick) is pretty good too. Are we hating on these series purely for costume now?

It started rough as fuck, but they course corrected and now it's a pretty good series. I'd put it above most of the stuff on the cw for sure.

Since I can't just stream it through my PS4 and I'll have to find another way to watch it, I'm waiting until they release the third season of Young Justice before I break down and subscribe. I'm basically going off of what I can actually see (which isn't great) and on-line reviews (which have been pretty mixed).

Yeah, I will admit, I am pretty bummed that Beast Boy is always green and that Starfire isn't orange/gold but so far, I'm just not digging the vibe that I am getting from them. "Fuck Batman," or not, this is currently going to be the closest thing that I am going to get to a live-action Nightwing and come on, you think I am really going to pass up that opportunity?

But for fuck's sake, I just can not for the life of me get over how badly the wardrobe/hair and makeup department dropped the damn ball with Starfire. :lol:

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Grayson wrote:
Since I can't just stream it through my PS4 and I'll have to find another way to watch it, I'm waiting until they release the third season of Young Justice before I break down and subscribe. I'm basically going off of what I can actually see (which isn't great) and on-line reviews (which have been pretty mixed).

Yeah, I will admit, I am pretty bummed that Beast Boy is always green and that Starfire isn't orange/gold but so far, I'm just not digging the vibe that I am getting from them. "Fuck Batman," or not, this is currently going to be the closest thing that I am going to get to a live-action Nightwing and come on, you think I am really going to pass up that opportunity?

But for fuck's sake, I just can not for the life of me get over how badly the wardrobe/hair and makeup department dropped the damn ball with Starfire. :lol:

She has the orange gold but only during her fire scenes. I was honestly more worried shed be slutty like red hood and the outlaws.

Im not advocating you get dc universe just for this series, but you should deffo watch it when you do. For me it was an easy sell for the bruce timm stuff, the free titan comics to read, constantine and what the hell ill say it brave and the bold and superfriends. Lois and clark. Even though they took the shitty doctor, im looking forward to Doom Patrol.

Get batman (adam west) on there and i will probably subscribe for life.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:She has the orange gold but only during her fire scenes. I was honestly more worried shed be slutty like red hood and the outlaws.

Im not advocating you get dc universe just for this series, but you should deffo watch it when you do. For me it was an easy sell for the bruce timm stuff, the free titan comics to read, constantine and what the hell ill say it brave and the bold and superfriends. Lois and clark. Even though they took the shitty doctor, im looking forward to Doom Patrol.

Get batman (adam west) on there and i will probably subscribe for life.

Oh, there's definitely a ton of stuff on there that I'd love to watch (again). I just wish that it was available on more platforms at the moment. Sure, I could watch it from my computer or my laptop but I'd rather just watch it on my TV with the rest of the stuff that I watch. So it's just been one of those, I'll get around to it eventually type scenarios until something that I couldn't pass up comes along. This series was initially going to be one of those things but I was quickly turned off by the pictures and clips that were released/leaked. When I do finally break down and subscribe, I will definitely give it an honest shot.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:18 pm

I would guess that Hair & Wardrobe follows whatever specifications that the Writers/Show Runners lay out for them.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:25 pm

I think the show has got better, If your I die hard titans (teen titans) fan who knows the history ( Wolfmen, Perez etc) you might not totally like it or hate it

those who are more casual i think will enjoy it more, I'm more in between where I can forgive some of the stuff if the story's good enough.

leave a comment with facebook