Tuesday, August 21, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The 'West Coast Avengers' Return

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm

With 100% more Hawkeye

Source: Kelly Thompson Announces the New West Coast Avengers

It's 1984 all over again. No, not because of our political situation (not for this article anyway) but because we are about to see a new West Coast Avengers title again. Once again Hawkeye will be involved in the formation of the team, but this time it's Kate Bishop Hawkeye, though Clint Barton Hawkeye is along for the ride too. That's definitely not going to be confusing.

Kelly Thompson will be writing the series with Stefano Caselli on art. Thompson describes the reason for the team's formation:

"They all need and want something from being on that team together. Kate needs to help save LA, and she needs help to do that because villains have taken notice that there are no Super Heroes out there. I think there's part of her that misses [being on a team] too. She's been doing her own thing, on her own, and that's cool. But she was the one, who, with no powers, was like 'I'm leading the Young Avengers, I'm the boss."

The other members of the team are Gwenpool, Quentin Quire (aka. Kid Omega), America Chavez (bit of a step down from The Ultimates), and Kate's boyfriend Johnny. Taking a page from 2005 incarnation of New Warriors, this new West Coast Avengers will be turning to reality TV for resources. Yes, to get funding, the team will be living together as part of a reality show.

West Coast Avengers #1 shacks up on comic shelves August 22. Here's a description of the first issue:

HAWKEYE (KATE BISHOP). HAWKEYE (CLINT BARTON). A guy named FUSE. Never have they ever been called "the big three" of...anything. And now here they are, reunited for, okay, well, it's only the second time ever. Thank god they also brought AMERICA CHAVEZ, GWENPOOL and KID OMEGA. Wait. What? That's right, it's the new West Coast Avengers, son. And you better hope they can figure out how to save the world because BIG things are headed for the West Coast.

WCAVEN2018001_cov-960x1457.jpgWest Coast Avengers #1 (2018) image

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Kate - no.
Gwenpool - No!
Kate's boyfriend - no.
America Chavez - Oh FUCK no!
reality TV show -- JESUS H. CHRIST, JUST FUCKING STOP!!

Never has my childhood been raped so hard and so dry. Fuck off, Marvel. :smt011 :smt011 :smt078 :smt076 :smt076 :smt097

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu May 17, 2018 4:28 pm

chap22 wrote:Kate - no.
Gwenpool - No!
Kate's boyfriend - no.
America Chavez - Oh FUCK no!
reality TV show -- JESUS H. CHRIST, JUST FUCKING STOP!!

Never has my childhood been raped so hard and so dry. Fuck off, Marvel. :smt011 :smt011 :smt078 :smt076 :smt076 :smt097

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 pm

This sounds like the blue ribbon winner of a "What is the worst comic book idea you can come up with" competition.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Chap, read Gwenpool. It's by the guy who created Dr. Mcninja and has the coolest version of batroc ever.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this book but really wish it was the original personality of kate instead of the jerk who slapped clint and kidnapped his dog.

Quire needs to make up his damn mind on a team and stick with them.

We need Tigra or Mockingbird to fill in the roster if it's going to be wca.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Clint Barton Hawkeye - Yes!

Quentin Quire (aka. Kid Omega) - Yes!

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm

West Coast!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:Chap, read Gwenpool. It's by the guy who created Dr. Mcninja and has the coolest version of batroc ever.

I will not and your last assertion is faulty because EVERY version of Batroc is the coolest version of Batroc ever b/c zee Leapair is so cool as to be unfuckupable.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:Clint Barton Hawkeye - Yes!

Quentin Quire (aka. Kid Omega) - Yes!

They are absolutely the only remotely good things about this idea. And they'll just be tainted by the overwhelming piles of suck they're gonna be surrounded with.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Thu May 17, 2018 5:59 pm

But I thought there was only going to be ONE Avengers title?!?!?!?!?!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 17, 2018 6:05 pm

chap22 wrote:and your last assertion is faulty because EVERY version of Batroc is the coolest version of Batroc ever b/c zee Leapair is so cool as to be unfuckupable.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu May 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Gwenpool is a cool character, when handled right.

I've enjoyed what I've read of Thompson's Hawkeye run.

I'm cautiously interested based on the team and the concept.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 pm

MikeinLA wrote:But I thought there was only going to be ONE Avengers title?!?!?!?!?!

Nope that was just for the 3 months of no surrender :roll:

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Good to see the West Coast Avengers is back but the lineup and the reality tv show lineup concept is where they lost me. This sounds almost like another iteration of the Great Lakes Avengers without Squirrel Girl involved.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 pm

I'm afraid that Gwenpool will be mishandled.

leave a comment with facebook