Wednesday, May 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Arrow To Get Batcharacter Before Gotham

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Arrow To Get Batcharacter Before Gotham

The fall CW crossover will introduce Batwoman.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

It looks like a TV show not based around Batman will be the first show to introduce a Bat-family character. Sorry, GothamArrow star Stephen Amell announced the news at The CW's upfront presentation on Thursday.

"We're incredibly excited to announce that we'll be doing another crossover event this fall on the CW, and we'll be introducing a new character. For the very first time appearing, we'll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific. The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it."

With that, he presumably threw a smoke bomb and ran out of the room. The Arrowverse will also be adding the city of Gotham into the fold with its latest crossover event.

Batwoman, otherwise known as Kate Kane, is one of several vigilantes who protect Gotham City. The character, first introduced as Kathy Kane in Detective Comics in 1956, was reimagined for DC Comics' New 52, with the character now a Jewish lesbian.

The latest CW Arrowverse crossover is set to debut in December.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:33 pm

Huntress is technically a Bat-character, so...y'know. Old news.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 17, 2018 5:49 pm

chap22 wrote:Huntress is technically a Bat-character, so...y'know. Old news.

I mean, if we are going to just arbitrarily name random Bat-family characters that have never appeared in the CW DCU shows, why not start at the top. Nightwing is technically a Bat-character too but he's never been on The Flash. :smt102 :P

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Grayson wrote:
I mean, if we are going to just arbitrarily name random Bat-family characters that have never appeared in the CW DCU shows, why not start at the top. Nightwing is technically a Bat-character too but he's never been on The Flash. :smt102 :P

Touche, whitey.

pastajoe

Silly French Man

Postby pastajoe » Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Well that checks off two PC demographics for the show.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Grayson wrote:

:smt017 :smt017 Is this an inside joke between you and Chap?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote: :smt017 :smt017 Is this an inside joke between you and Chap?

Not an inside joke per se but if a character from the Bat-family ever appeared on a CW DCU show and I'm not saying that they did because that would be preposterous, then it must have been such a bad performance/arc that we dare not mention it again for fear of bringing it back.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm

chap22 wrote:Huntress is technically a Bat-character, so...y'know. Old news.

A thousand plagues upon your house for daring to name the name not mentioned.

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Thu May 17, 2018 7:18 pm

I'm not gonna complain, because I'm a fan of the character, but where are they going to find an actress who's thatwhite? Vault Dweller talent search?

I kind think it would be fun for the Arrowverse to introduce Batman like he's the xenomorph from Alien. Like Green Arrow and a bunch of other mooks get together and chase a villain into Gotham. They start in with comments like 'ooh, watch out, the big bad BAT's gonna get you' and 'he's just an urban myth!' One by one the heroes and the bad guys are picked off by some mysterious presence that you never quite see until it's just Stephen Amell staring down this shadowy fucking thing that never steps into the light. In the end they all wake up on the edge of town, like the previous 24 hours never happened, except the villain's there, hogtied and terrified, with a note taped to him saying 'keep out' or something.

That would be an awesome Halloween episode. :shock:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu May 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Grayson wrote:
Not an inside joke per se but if a character from the Bat-family ever appeared on a CW DCU show and I'm not saying that they did because that would be preposterous, then it must have been such a bad performance/arc that we dare not mention it again for fear of bringing it back.

What performance was that? The performance of Jessica De Gouw as the Huntress? :P

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu May 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:I'm not gonna complain, because I'm a fan of the character, but where are they going to find an actress who's thatwhite? Vault Dweller talent search?

I kind think it would be fun for the Arrowverse to introduce Batman like he's the xenomorph from Alien. Like Green Arrow and a bunch of other mooks get together and chase a villain into Gotham. They start in with comments like 'ooh, watch out, the big bad BAT's gonna get you' and 'he's just an urban myth!' One by one the heroes and the bad guys are picked off by some mysterious presence that you never quite see until it's just Stephen Amell staring down this shadowy fucking thing that never steps into the light. In the end they all wake up on the edge of town, like the previous 24 hours never happened, except the villain's there, hogtied and terrified, with a note taped to him saying 'keep out' or something.

And kind of how he should be depicted. Closest I saw to it was in Batman Begins.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu May 17, 2018 7:33 pm

achilles wrote:What performance was that? The performance of Jessica De Gouw as the Huntress? :P

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Clockwork_Fish wrote:I'm not gonna complain, because I'm a fan of the character, but where are they going to find an actress who's thatwhite? Vault Dweller talent search?

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Bianco wrote:

:smt011 :smt078

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Those three chicks could run lexcorp into the ground

leave a comment with facebook