Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Outhouser?! We barely know her!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Star Wars Character Lando Calrissian Is Pansexual

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 am

Honestly I would have zero problems with Lando being pansexual. Why limit a man of such charm and suaveness to one category.

My problem is this pretty chickenshit. If you the writer see him as pansexual then show that in the movie! Don't just hint. It's 2018 have some balls for god's sake.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 am

Jack Burton wrote:Honestly I would have zero problems with Lando being pansexual. Why limit a man of such charm and suaveness to one category.

My problem is this pretty chickenshit. If you the writer see him as pansexual then show that in the movie! Don't just hint. It's 2018 have some balls for god's sake.

I do not think there should be a single straight character in the entire film. It is 2018. Films should represent the majority, not the minority.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri May 18, 2018 8:27 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:But be sure you do it fluidly, Liam.

I was thinking of having business cards made up with all my information on it.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Fri May 18, 2018 8:35 am

zryson wrote:It is a big day for fans of Lando Calrissian and in a new interview with the Huffington Post, screenwriter Jonathan Kasdan talks about Lando and when asked if Lando is pansexual the writer answers emphatically. “I would say yes,” Jonathan Kasdan said. “There’s a fluidity to Donald and Billy Dee’s [portrayal of Lando’s] sexuality,” Kasdan continued. “I mean, I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie. I think it’s time, certainly, for that, and I love the fluidity ― sort of the spectrum of sexuality that Donald appeals to and that droids are a part of.

Read on for more https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... al-1112866

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Fri May 18, 2018 9:39 am

I'm sure there are fans of Donald Glover who welcome this news. Expect a lot of fanfics involving Lando and Chewbacca.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri May 18, 2018 10:23 am

Glaeken wrote:I'm sure there are fans of Donald Glover who welcome this news. Expect a lot of fanfics involving Lando and Chewbacca.

I'm sorry but that won't happen. Lando only does humans.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Interesting that sdsichero's mind immediately goes to fetishism. Did someone finally pop that nasty cherry of yours, bud? :twisted:

Ugnaughts are not a fetish.

And what happened between Ullarlat and I is private.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 pm

LiamA wrote:

Not so fast… baby…

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri May 18, 2018 12:28 pm

With all this talk about pansexuality is there panspecies. How do these people feel about people having sex with things that aren't human.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Everyone is pansexual after a Colt 45.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri May 18, 2018 1:54 pm

LoganRSA wrote:Everyone is pansexual after a Colt 45.

I was gonna say this too. This isn't news, he's been telling us since the '70s.

Remember, it works EVERY time.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri May 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Glaeken wrote:I'm sure there are fans of Donald Glover who welcome this news. Expect a lot of fanfics involving Lando and Chewbacca.

I'm pretty sure that already happened. Lando and Chewy. Han and Chewy. Leia and Chewy. Luke and Chewy. Luke and Han, even Luke and Leia...oh, wait, that last one wasn't....fan fic....

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri May 18, 2018 2:20 pm

sdsichero wrote:Ugnaughts are not a fetish.

And what happened between Ullarlat and I is private.

Not anymore. Also, should have put that one in the Creatures thread...

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Fri May 18, 2018 3:57 pm

zryson wrote:From The Verge

Lando Calrissian’s newfound ‘pansexuality’ is bullshit

If you’re not going to make your characters explicitly queer on-screen, don’t expect brownie points.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/17/1736 ... wars-story

Interesting article.

I got the impression that someone asked Kasdan, "Hey, does this mean that Lando is pansexual ?" and his response was more of a "Sure. Why Not ?" answer.

I kinda get the frustration of the LGBTQ community of not getting a definitive, on-screen representation and being tired of the half-hearted baby steps, but on the other hand, I don't think this was originally in the cards either, especially in light of all the behind-the-scenes chaos going on with getting this film made in the first place.

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Fri May 18, 2018 4:05 pm

LiamA wrote:

There is NO place on this website for that kind of hate-speech.

Check your human-privilege.

leave a comment with facebook