Tuesday, May 22, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Deadpool 2 SPOILERS!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm

It was fun.

Vanessa dies in the first few minutes, though. Then they have a Bond-like opening and a sad Wade.

We get Cable vs Domino and X-Force well, except the rest of X-Force doesn't survive their one scene. We meet Black Tom Cassidy and a special guest star (not a surprise if you read the comics).

The kid was at the Essex Home for Kids but no Sinister sightings. He was tortured there and wants to kill the Headmaster. Cable came back in time to stop him from getting his first kill, which leads to others.

(For a second. I thought Cable was going to kill the Headmaster so the kid couldn't and keep him from going bad)

Cable uses the last of his time travel juice to save Wade. "Justin Bieber" fixes it (?) and Wade goes back in time to save Vanessa, to save Peter, to kill Wolverine's "Deadpool" and Ryan Reynolds before he makes Green Lantern. But nothing at the very end. A Baby Hitler scene was rumored.

So... I liked it. But it didn't feel as fresh as the original. Making fun of Fox's original take on Deadpool and Green Lanterns is just "been there, done that" to me. Still, it was nice seeing all the guest stars.

Go see it if you've already seen Infinity War.

Oh, and "BREAKING NEWS: Christopher Plummer refuses to be in Deadpool 2!"

Vanisher was played by... Brad Pitt!

And who voiced Juggernaut? - Himself! HA!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 pm

FIGHTING DIRTY! FIGHTING DIRTY! FIGHTING DIRTY!

YOU CAN'T STOP HIM.... MUTHA!!!

YOU CAN'T STOP THIS MOTHERFUCKER!

HOLY SHITBALLS! HOLY SHITBALLS! HOLY SHITBALLS! HOLY SHITBALLS!

HOLY SHITBALLS!

HOLY SHITBALLS!

OH HOLYSHITBALLS!

HOLY SHITBALLS!

HOLY SHITBALLS!

HOLY SHITBALLS!

Holy shitballs.

HOLY SHITBALLS!

OH HOLY SHITBALLS!

OH HOLY SHIT!!

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 am

HNutz wrote:It was fun.

Vanessa dies in the first few minutes, though. Then they have a Bond-like opening and a sad Wade.

We get Cable vs Domino and X-Force well, except the rest of X-Force doesn't survive their one scene. We meet Black Tom Cassidy and a special guest star (not a surprise if you read the comics).

The kid was at the Essex Home for Kids but no Sinister sightings. He was tortured there and wants to kill the Headmaster. Cable came back in time to stop him from getting his first kill, which leads to others.

(For a second. I thought Cable was going to kill the Headmaster so the kid couldn't and keep him from going bad)

Cable uses the last of his time travel juice to save Wade. "Justin Bieber" fixes it (?) and Wade goes back in time to save Vanessa, to save Peter, to kill Wolverine's "Deadpool" and Ryan Reynolds before he makes Green Lantern. But nothing at the very end. A Baby Hitler scene was rumored.

So... I liked it. But it didn't feel as fresh as the original. Making fun of Fox's original take on Deadpool and Green Lanterns is just "been there, done that" to me. Still, it was nice seeing all the guest stars.

Go see it if you've already seen Infinity War.

Oh, and "BREAKING NEWS: Christopher Plummer refuses to be in Deadpool 2!"

Vanisher was played by... Brad Pitt!

And who voiced Juggernaut? - Himself! HA!

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Deadpool 2 sees the big screen return of Marvel Comics villain Juggernaut, who has not appeared in an X-Men movie since Vinnie Jones played him in 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand. Jones, however, does not reprise his role as Cain Marko in this film.

In fact, the end credits for Deadpool 2 only credit the role of Juggernaut as being played by "Himself". Deadpool 2 co-screenwriter Rhett Reese has now informed IGN who is really plays Juggernaut in the movie.

"Ryan Reynolds is the voice of Juggernaut, believe it or not," Reese revealed. "Slightly modulated with a computer to bring his register down. But Juggernaut is such a force of nature, and he has not really been done justice in previous movies, because he wasn’t ever a CG character. And so, we just thought he was probably the coolest character never to be used as of yet in the right way."

Tyr Stormbringer

Rain Partier

Postby Tyr Stormbringer » Fri May 18, 2018 8:28 am

I enjoyed the hell outta this movie! It was just pure Popcorn Movie Fun, and if I had to say so I think I enjoyed this one even a bit more than the first. While I am all about the "dick and fart" jokes some of the vulgarity and crassness was taken a bit to far in the first film, and I think toning it back a bit in this one was the smart choice. Don't get me wrong there is still a reason why this movie gets an R rating it is far from a family friendly film lol. I loved the soundtrack as well, they did an amazing job with their musical choices this time around too. If I have the extra money I will probably go see it again some time this weekend or next week, it will be worth a second viewing in theaters for sure!

jephd

dINGO

Postby jephd » Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 am

The kid is Russel Collins known in the comics as Rusty (of XFactor/NewMutants/mlf)
Weirdly Shatterstar also claims to be called Rusty

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am

Tyr Stormbringer wrote:I enjoyed the hell outta this movie! It was just pure Popcorn Movie Fun, and if I had to say so I think I enjoyed this one even a bit more than the first. While I am all about the "dick and fart" jokes some of the vulgarity and crassness was taken a bit to far in the first film, and I think toning it back a bit in this one was the smart choice. Don't get me wrong there is still a reason why this movie gets an R rating it is far from a family friendly film lol. I loved the soundtrack as well, they did an amazing job with their musical choices this time around too. If I have the extra money I will probably go see it again some time this weekend or next week, it will be worth a second viewing in theaters for sure!

Completely agree... and the "been there, done that" aspect that was mentioned in the OP about the GL/Wolverine Origins part was well done and funnier than the subtle jabs in the original. This movie took all that was good in the first movie and amped it up, and eliminated the stuff that I was meh bout. It was pure fun. I am seeing it again on Sunday and cannot wait.

Tyr Stormbringer

Rain Partier

Postby Tyr Stormbringer » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
Completely agree... and the "been there, done that" aspect that was mentioned in the OP about the GL/Wolverine Origins part was well done and funnier than the subtle jabs in the original. This movie took all that was good in the first movie and amped it up, and eliminated the stuff that I was meh bout. It was pure fun. I am seeing it again on Sunday and cannot wait.

Agree 100%! We are actually gonna go see it again in about an hour lol! It's a rainy day here and we already have done everything around the house we need to do so why not enjoy some Deadpool funnies again lol!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sun May 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Loved it!

RobThompson

crash test dummy

Postby RobThompson » Sun May 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Phenomenal movie. Enjoyed it much more than Avengers. The scene where Ryan Reynolds is reading the Green Lantern script and Deadpool shoots him in the headhad me laughing for a good long time.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sun May 20, 2018 11:54 pm

RobThompson wrote:Phenomenal movie. Enjoyed it much more than Avengers. The scene where Ryan Reynolds is reading the Green Lantern script and Deadpool shoots him in the headhad me laughing for a good long time.

"You've finally made it, Ryan Reynolds!"

RobThompson

crash test dummy

Postby RobThompson » Mon May 21, 2018 4:33 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
"You've finally made it, Ryan Reynolds!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Was there a Stan Lee cameo? I didn't see him this time.

Draco x

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Draco x » Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Saw it this saturday and it was better than the first one. I especially like how they set up Cable to the straight man to Deadpool's comedic antics.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon May 21, 2018 1:39 pm

I hate shatterstar but i loved him in this movie :lol:

RobThompson

crash test dummy

Postby RobThompson » Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:I hate shatterstar but i loved him in this movie :lol:

His character's fate was one of the pleasant surprises of this movie. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook