Friday, August 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Wonder Woman Annual #2, Justice League #1 (Previews)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Wonder Woman Annual #2, Justice League #1 (Previews)

Deadly threats from the Dark Multiverse attack the DCU on two fronts,

Source: Comics Continuum

Continued from Wonder Woman #47, Diana is brought to Zamaron to aid the Star Sapphires against the Dark Universe God of Love.
At nearly the same time Scott Snyder's relaunch of Justice League sees the revamped JL team battle another larger mysterious threat from the Dark Multiverse.

Both issues hit the stands on June 6.

Wonder Woman Annual #2

"Star Light." An enormous, divine threat has the Star Sapphires in its sights -- and only Wonder Woman can protect them! She's wielded their ring before, but the Corps has changed since then...is even their combined power enough to stop a god?

Written by: James Robinson
Art by: Marc Laming, Frazier Irving, Stephen Segovia, Jim Calafiore
Colors by: Allan Passalaqua, David Baron
Cover by: Yasmine Putri
48 pages
$4.99 (US)

wonderwomanannual2_cov.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_1.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_2.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_3.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_4.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_5.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_6.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_7.jpg

wonderwomanannual2_8.jpg

Justice League #1

"The Totality" part one! A brand-new era begins here! Snyder and Cheung launch the Justice League into a cosmos-shaking mystery that will draw out their most terrible foes...in ways our heroes couldn't possibly imagine! In this debut issue, Martian Manhunter struggles to protect the team from an incoming threat that will shatter the world as they know it, while a familiar face strikes out on a dark path.

Written by: Scott Snyder
Art by: Jim Cheung, Mark Morales
Colors by: Tomeu Morey
Covers by: Jim Cheung, Jim Lee and Scott Williams
Retailer Incentive Variant Covers: Ben Oliver, Kael Ngu, Jock, Tyler Kirkham, Stanley Louw
32 pages
$3.99 (US)

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Robinson's Wonder Woman Annual has quite a bit of dialogue but he efficiently covers the backstory for Karnell and his rise to Godhhood. There's a lot in this issue but some creative artwork helps to keep your interest. I've never been a fan of Jim Califiore so his pages fell somewhat flat for me. The ending of this leads directly to this week's Wonder Woman #48 and it looks like Diana has her hands full.

Over in Justice League #1, is that Starmanon page 20, panel 2?

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Are they keeping Cyborg in the JL so that they don't have to admit they made a huge mistake taking him out of Titans and putting him in the Justice League?

I haven't been caught up on Justice League for a while but its nice to see Hawkgirl.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 am

"I'm the [CENSORED] Wonder Woman!"

That's hilarious!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 am

RobThompson wrote:"I'm the [CENSORED] Wonder Woman!"

That's hilarious!

There were several nice little humorous bits throughout, most at Batman’s expense. I loved this book.

leave a comment with facebook