Friday, August 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Not Only Is DC In Crisis, But Its Heroes Are As Well

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm

cbikle wrote:How is Tom King as a writer ?

He's good, considering the fact that him following Snyder on Batman would be a tough act to follow.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm

I've enjoyed his work on Vision and Mr. Miracle, both of which, interestingly, dealt with some of the concepts he describes in his pitch for "Heroes in Crisis" (that the very violent, very dangerous life of a superhuman can really warp a person's psyche and make it harder to deal with the mundane, day to day shit they deal with when not on the job).

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 pm

REALLY hit or miss. Grayson was good. Mr. Miracle is a really well-written book that I love. Vision was a really well-written book that I hated. And he’s currently writing the single worst run of Batman I’ve read in 39 years of collecting.

So it’s a real crapshoot IMO.

karmakaze

Mad Hatter

Postby karmakaze » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm

At the end of the series it will be revealed that their psychiatrist was Doc Samson the whole time.

And also, since this is a murder mystery, I wonder whose girlfriend is getting fridged for this to work. Superman looks the saddest in the picture, hopefully this won't be building off Bendis killing off Lois.

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 pm

In the "Legion Of Super Heroes' Facebook group, this title seems to be a polarizing topic.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 pm

karmakaze wrote:At the end of the series it will be revealed that their psychiatrist was Doc Samson the whole time.

And also, since this is a murder mystery, I wonder whose girlfriend is getting fridged for this to work. Superman looks the saddest in the picture, hopefully this won't be building off Bendis killing off Lois.

I figured the victim is the person whose mask Superman is holding, which looks a lot like Anarky's.

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 pm

I hope this isn't another case of C-list character getting murdered and we eventually discover the act was done by a D-list character.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 am

karmakaze wrote:And also, since this is a murder mystery, I wonder whose girlfriend is getting fridged for this to work.

Some comic people were more traumatized by Alexandra DeWitt's death than they are by actual people's deaths. :lol:

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:30 am

MikeinLA wrote:I figured the victim is the person whose mask Superman is holding, which looks a lot like Anarky's.

I thought the same thing, but he usually wears red (DC's second-favorite color, black being the first, and red-and-black color scheme" being third), and it it looks like a white drapery hanging off the back of it. And I can't imagine why anyone would be this upset about his death, since he always leaned closer to villainy than heroism. But maybe it's more the mystery and the difficulty of solving it. I dunno.

A mental health facility for super-heroes...that's actually interesting. I have no faith that DC will be able to pull it off, whether because of the usual mandated idiocy that they so routinely enjoy, or some other factor. I've only read one thing by Tom King, so I can't say he's great or terrible. Omega Men has some elements I felt were unnecessary, but I didn't think it was bad by any measure.

And if this is about mental health, Harley's involvement may have to do with her being a psychiatrist. Yeah, she's loony herself, but how loony could work in King's favor. If she's "just as crazy as the Joker" (which comes with it's own set of problems separate from this premise), then, yeah, maybe she's only there for T&A and fan interest. But if she's more akin to previous incarnations and has some humanity left, then it'd make sense for someone in her field to be involved. But I don't follow the character, and it feels like ever since the New52, DC has just changed her to whatever they think will grab people's attention at the drop of the hat. So where Quinn's concerned, I basically just stopped caring (because that's what storytellers should do...make you not care about the characters. And in DC's case, also make you lower your standards).

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:06 am

karmakaze wrote:At the end of the series it will be revealed that their psychiatrist was Doc Samson the whole time.

Girlfriend? Are we not that progressive of a society that we can't start shoving men into fridges yet?

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 am

Got to make these comics as realistic as possible.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 am

LiamA wrote:
Girlfriend? Are we not that progressive of a society that we can't start shoving men into fridges yet?

Only if they're gay and/or people of color. . . :roll:

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:40 am

I think I'll wait for Crisis of Infinite Watchmen, featuring Superboy Prime and G'nort. :smt026

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am

SporkBot wrote:
I thought the same thing, but he usually wears red (DC's second-favorite color, black being the first, and red-and-black color scheme" being third), and it it looks like a white drapery hanging off the back of it. And I can't imagine why anyone would be this upset about his death, since he always leaned closer to villainy than heroism. But maybe it's more the mystery and the difficulty of solving it. I dunno.

A mental health facility for super-heroes...that's actually interesting. I have no faith that DC will be able to pull it off, whether because of the usual mandated idiocy that they so routinely enjoy, or some other factor. I've only read one thing by Tom King, so I can't say he's great or terrible. Omega Men has some elements I felt were unnecessary, but I didn't think it was bad by any measure.

And if this is about mental health, Harley's involvement may have to do with her being a psychiatrist. Yeah, she's loony herself, but how loony could work in King's favor. If she's "just as crazy as the Joker" (which comes with it's own set of problems separate from this premise), then, yeah, maybe she's only there for T&A and fan interest. But if she's more akin to previous incarnations and has some humanity left, then it'd make sense for someone in her field to be involved. But I don't follow the character, and it feels like ever since the New52, DC has just changed her to whatever they think will grab people's attention at the drop of the hat. So where Quinn's concerned, I basically just stopped caring (because that's what storytellers should do...make you not care about the characters. And in DC's case, also make you lower your standards).

Actually looks like the Medusa Mask to me, but then I also have no idea why they'd give a fuck if Psycho-Pirate got whacked either.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:16 am

chap22 wrote:
Actually looks like the Medusa Mask to me, but then I also have no idea why they'd give a fuck if Psycho-Pirate got whacked either.

That's what I thought

leave a comment with facebook