Tuesday, November 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "The trash of the multiverse has gotta end up somewhere."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

First Images From 'Godzilla: King Of The Monsters' Sighted

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Say hello to the King and also some puny humans (zzz)

Source: Godzilla unleashes ‘atomic breath’ in Godzilla: King of the Monsters first look

The USA version of Godzilla was rebooted in 2014 and it didn't take long to hear that it would be getting a sequel. After a little bit of confusion, the sequel's title was set: Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

The sequel is a little less than a year away and today we are getting the first images from the film. Two of the key cast members will be Vera Farmiga who plays Dr. Emma Russell and Millie Bobby Brown who plays Dr.Russell's daughter Madison. According to director Michael Dougherty, the pair are kidnapped by "a mysterious organization, with their own plans for the creatures. Gee, we wonder who that might be. Farmiga says her  character:

"… has figured out a way to communicate with the creatures and potentially control them using their bioacoustics on a sonar level. So she is like a DJ for the monsters."

Great. Dancing with kaiju.

Madison and EmmaMadison and Dr. Russell

Though Dougherty heaps some praise on the winged kaiju Rodan, going as far as to say:

"In a lot of ways he's more powerful than Godzilla. He's like this winged A-bomb."

We won't, unfortunately, see an official image of him today. We do get a shot of Godzilla releasing his atomic breath though:

Godzilla from Godzilla: King of the MonstersGodzilla from Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Hopefully we'll see the other kaiju before Godzilla: King of the Monsters stomps into theaters May 31, 2019.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Thank God that dude from Kick-Ass isn't in this to be a dead weight in an otherwise excellent monster movie.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:03 am

If they are doubling down on adding squishy humans then I am not going to be seeing this movie, at least not in the opening weekend anyway. If the first weekend reviews are good, and I don't mean the MSM critics who love turgid crap but actual people who love monster movies reviews, I might catch it nearer the end of its run. Sorry, but Gareth Edwards burned me with the first movie more than Godzilla ever could.

I hope that they don't go putting a load of military characters in it. I am so fucking sick of every second protag being either military or cop, it is an overdone lazy trope. At least people are finally coming back around to realizing what everyone figured out post Vietnam, the military fucking suck sweaty goat balls.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:31 am

StrongStyleFiction wrote:Thank God that dude from Kick-Ass isn't in this to be a dead weight in an otherwise excellent monster movie.

Also the Olsen woman.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:If they are doubling down on adding squishy humans then I am not going to be seeing this movie, at least not in the opening weekend anyway. If the first weekend reviews are good, and I don't mean the MSM critics who love turgid crap but actual people who love monster movies reviews, I might catch it nearer the end of its run. Sorry, but Gareth Edwards burned me with the first movie more than Godzilla ever could.

I hope that they don't go putting a load of military characters in it. I am so fucking sick of every second protag being either military or cop, it is an overdone lazy trope. At least people are finally coming back around to realizing what everyone figured out post Vietnam, the military fucking suck sweaty goat balls.

Yeah, lets hope this kaiju movie has some actual giant monsters in it, for more than 15 minutes. Last movie was some dumb action drama about Kick-Ass, with maybe a few minutes of Godzilla in it. Stupid movie makers, we don't care about the people in a movie like this, we want kaiju! We want lots of Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidora.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am

StrongStyleFiction wrote:Thank God that dude from Kick-Ass isn't in this to be a dead weight in an otherwise excellent monster movie.

On that note, I haven't forgiven the writers for killing off Bryan Cranston's character who played his father. I keep lamenting how better the 2014 movie would have been better if they kept him alive instead of killing him off so early in the movie.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Draco x wrote:
On that note, I haven't forgiven the writers for killing off Bryan Cranston's character who played his father. I keep lamenting how better the 2014 movie would have been better if they kept him alive instead of killing him off so early in the movie.

I think that's pretty close to a 100% consensus with people I've talked to about the movie and reviews I've read and watched. He's an interesting character. He had actual motivation and investment in the story. Plus, he's a science oriented type character and could have been useful in future movies. He pretty much carries the first act of the film and his departure is the main reason why the second act is a drag until the movie kicks in with the third act. He acted his ass off in that movie unlike Kick-Ass and Scarlett Witch who just was sort of there.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:21 pm

achilles wrote:
Yeah, lets hope this kaiju movie has some actual giant monsters in it, for more than 15 minutes. Last movie was some dumb action drama about Kick-Ass, with maybe a few minutes of Godzilla in it. Stupid movie makers, we don't care about the people in a movie like this, we want kaiju! We want lots of Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidora.

Tell that to Michael bay

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Tell that to Michael bay

He can't hear me over the explosions. And that was in his living room; filled with explosions, endless explosions. :shock:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:06 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
I think that's pretty close to a 100% consensus with people I've talked to about the movie and reviews I've read and watched. He's an interesting character. He had actual motivation and investment in the story. Plus, he's a science oriented type character and could have been useful in future movies. He pretty much carries the first act of the film and his departure is the main reason why the second act is a drag until the movie kicks in with the third act. He acted his ass off in that movie unlike Kick-Ass and Scarlett Witch who just was sort of there.

He also figured out a key plot point before Dr. Serizawa, who must have too busy trying to invent an oxygen destroyer to bother with that stuff.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:

Plus, given the fact that nobody gave a shit about his son and his daughter-in-law, keeping him alive would have given us some meaningful interactions with both of them and even his grand-child. Also, we could have gotten some good dialogue between him and Ken Watanabe's character as there would have been some clash of egos between them on how to deal with Godzilla and the MUTOs.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:If they are doubling down on adding squishy humans then I am not going to be seeing this movie, at least not in the opening weekend anyway. If the first weekend reviews are good, and I don't mean the MSM critics who love turgid crap but actual people who love monster movies reviews, I might catch it nearer the end of its run. Sorry, but Gareth Edwards burned me with the first movie more than Godzilla ever could.

The one thing I would love for them to do is acknowledge the characters from Kong: Skull Island like maybe the child of Weaver and Mason or even Brooks and Lin's son that was in that mini-series recently. Chances are though that if any events of that movie will be acknowledged, they could hint at Kong showing up or just be name-dropped.

leave a comment with facebook