Saturday, October 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Fantastic Four #1 Spoilers

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:04 pm

chap22 wrote:
Agreed, and there is literally NO reason why those 2 shouldn't be together. They've done will they/won't they, they've hashed it out with her stepdad a million times, Reed can whip up whatever security/protective measures you need to keep her safe...there are no legit excuses.

He's a walking rock in a diaper??? :smt017

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Flamebird wrote:
He's a walking rock in a diaper??? :smt017

Chicks like guys who don’t get soft too early.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Entertaining enough start...though I find myself agreeing with The Impossible Man.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

chap22 wrote:
Agreed, and there is literally NO reason why those 2 shouldn't be together. They've done will they/won't they, they've hashed it out with her stepdad a million times, Reed can whip up whatever security/protective measures you need to keep her safe...there are no legit excuses.

I present this as evidence against :groucho: What if?
ImageImage

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
I present this as evidence against :groucho: What if?
ImageImage

I don't see how that, a possible but not likely worst-case scenario, in any way stands as evidence they shouldn't.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:37 pm

I liked it, but... Ben and Johnny having their powers restored and being back in our reality doesn't quite jive with Marvel 2 In 1 (but maybe it will, I dunno) and the backup story with a mostly naked Doom whose face is messed up again seems... awkward.

Maybe it'll pick up, though.

I liked the Ditko feature in the front and the different Ditko feature in the Spider-Man book.

Which cover did y'all pick up?

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm

I was a bit confused as well at Johnny and Ben being back to their old powered up selves, I thought they lost all their powers in Marvel 2 In One. Also didn't understand anything that was going on with Doom as all I have read recently of him was in Marvel 2 In One as well. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:46 pm

HNutz wrote:Which cover did y'all pick up?

Some were good. Some were downright ugly. Some were above cover price.
But one was truly worthy of a Fantastic Four cover...

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:31 pm

I got the Quesada variant. It conveys the scope and wide-screen feel of a Galactus story while still being clean and uncluttered.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I got the Quesada variant. It conveys the scope and wide-screen feel of a Galactus story while still being clean and uncluttered.

Galactus looks like The Wizard in that drawing.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 am

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:42 am

Mojo Ichiruto wrote:I was a bit confused as well at Johnny and Ben being back to their old powered up selves, I thought they lost all their powers in Marvel 2 In One. Also didn't understand anything that was going on with Doom as all I have read recently of him was in Marvel 2 In One as well. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Bendis had the Hood mess Dooms face back up in his last Iron Man issue. Theres a babydoom to deal with too at some point.
As for Ben and johnny i assume 2in1 will fill in the gap over the next month or so!

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:29 am

jephd wrote:Bendis had the Hood mess Dooms face back up in his last Iron Man issue.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:05 am

jephd wrote:Bendis had the Hood mess Dooms face back up in his last Iron Man issue.

Wait, wait, wait.

Stop.

No.

Just stop.

There is no version of this Earth upon which The Hood should even be in the same room as Doctor Doom, let alone where he could possibly be close enough to gaze upon the grandiose visage of Doom.

The Hood did not mess up Doom's face.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:40 pm

So apparently I'm in the minority here but .. fucking Marvel and their fucking blue balls teases. This felt like and should have been the lead-in issue from their other "Look-The-FF-Is-Back-But-Not-Really" Marvel Two-In-One title. 31 more pages of Johnny acting like a bi-polar little bitch, some weird flashback just to reinforce Johnny's (previously unheard of?) amazing singing voice, and a nine page Doom backup that was dumb as fuck.
I'll give them points though for the Ben/Alicia engagementand that covering-our-ass-but-you-know-we're-still-mocking-you-right? Impossible Man one-pager.

And I didn't even look at the price until I got home. That pissed me off even more. Slott, you owe me six fucking dollars back! :smt011

leave a comment with facebook