Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

BREAKING NEWS: DC THREATENS DEATH OF BELOVED CHARACTER

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:19 am

Zechs wrote:

You have been reading the comics right? All, that's currently missing for Roy to do right now is to say, "I'm two days from retirement, I'm gonna take Cheshire and spend the rest of my life on this new boat we got together. It's called the Speedy. I just want to help my good old friend Jason first and have one final adventure with him."

Then again, it can't be a shitty DC event unless something bad happens to Roy Harper.

Well, I hear in an incredibly creative move, he loses an arm. But don't worry,

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 am

chap22 wrote:
Nah, it's finally Roy. He's already been cut out from the Titans book, and the solicits show there's an early Green Arrow tie-in which will assuredly be the memorial/grieving type book.

And for him to think a red shirt would save him means he's basically a booth babe with no idea how tropes work in modern culture. Death by arrow-cat so Johns can hurry up and unveil Pink Arrow, Yellow Arrow, White Arrow, Black Arrow and the rest.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 am

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
And for him to think a red shirt would save him means he's basically a booth babe with no idea how tropes work in modern culture. Death by arrow-cat so Johns can hurry up and unveil Pink Arrow, Yellow Arrow, White Arrow, Black Arrow and the rest.

:shock: Stop giving Johns ideas, or what passes for an idea with him. :smt013 :P

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:

And the sudden unexpected canceling of Cyborg, after it was uncanceled, was a red herring.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Glaeken wrote:
And the sudden unexpected canceling of Cyborg, after it was uncanceled, was a red herring.

Yeah, I know. :smt013 I'm thinking of suing them for breach of contract... :P

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Glaeken wrote:

If my blood pressure is common among most comic fans then we could get them with charges of eugenics. Let Warner's legal department of predominately copyright attorneys shuffle those papers!

Scintillant-H

#1,984 on Deathstroke's Hit List

Postby Scintillant-H » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:39 pm

It wont be Tim. They dont have the mercy to free him from that outfit.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm

chap22 wrote:
Nah, it's finally Roy. He's already been cut out from the Titans book, and the solicits show there's an early Green Arrow tie-in which will assuredly be the memorial/grieving type book.

You know I was kidding in my prior post. But Red Hood and the Outlaws spoilers. Roy shows up in the latest issue bailing Jason out from Bruce demolishing the ever-loving shit out of him for shooting the Penguin in the face. Given Jason's new outfit that too could be seen as a "homage" to Roy.

Damn... this even will really suck. How is it doing something bad to Roy Harper dooms an event to be mocked and made fun of forever more?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Scintillant-H wrote:It wont be Tim. They dont have the mercy to free him from that outfit.

But then who will free him of that outfit then? WHO!?

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Probably not going to be Roy, either. CBR IIRC handicaps it as Kyle. Not sure I agree with everything they say, but overall, they're probably right. He seems to be the odd man out in that list as far as future plans.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Zechs wrote:How is it doing something bad to Roy Harper dooms an event to be mocked and made fun of forever more?

Because forever more fun is way funner than speedy fun. :groucho:

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 pm

.....I like one of those characters. In the most superficial naughty way....

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:58 pm

No doubt DC is prepping the toy isles for the event with wooden coffins being rushed out to stores.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm

OneWhoIsAll wrote:.....I like one of those characters. In the most superficial naughty way....

:shock: :oops:

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:57 pm

I've just gone thru some of this year's Titans issues. I can't see how it's not Roy. DC obviously despises him.

leave a comment with facebook