Monday, December 10, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "In this issue: an Outhouser will DIE!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel getting ready to be Chip-less?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:22 pm

My Marvel count of books to get is about to take a big hit with the news that Chip Zdarsky is leaving Marvel Two-in-One and Spectacular Spider-Man.

Just when Marvel finally finds someone who gets the characters and makes them sound like they should, this has to happen.

No word on what he's doing next but M2i1 #12 and Spec Spidey #310 will be his last apparently.

Damn.

ImageImage

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Well crap. :(

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Relaunching Youngblood ftw yolo.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:02 pm

P.S. Please, someone use that Spider-Man cover for the theme of the month contest. :D

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Chip for Blue and Gold.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Lately Marvel Two-in-One has been on the bubble for me anyways so that's one decision made. That was the only Marvel book I was buying. I picked up this weeks FF #1 relaunch. I have't read it yet so I'm not sure if I will be adding that as a regular title.

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Yeah this sucks, two of my favorite books from Marvel are going bye bye to soon.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Mojo Ichiruto wrote:Yeah this sucks, two of my favorite books from Marvel are going bye bye to soon.

IvCNuB4 wrote:Lately Marvel Two-in-One has been on the bubble for me anyways so that's one decision made. That was the only Marvel book I was buying. I picked up this weeks FF #1 relaunch. I have't read it yet so I'm not sure if I will be adding that as a regular title.

Yeah... But I feel like the new issues weren't as good as the earlier issues.

Hope they get wrapped up good. There's some.. issues with M2I1 and FF...

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Son of a....

I knew he was leaving PPTSSM, but I was hoping he’d stick on 2-in-1. Dammit.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:07 pm

The first I've heard of him leaving Two-In-One. My understanding is that he is taking a three issue break on Spectacular and will be back after the Spider-Geddon crossover. At least that's what Sean Ryan wrote on Twitter. Plus Chip signed an exclusive deal with Marvel this year, so he ain't going anywhere.

Edit - Looks like he is done on Spectacular. Just read the article at CBR. :-(

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Chip was answering fans questions over on reddit and it looks like Two-In-One will continue on in some form or another.

"Will Marvel Two-In-One continue past November's #12, now that the Fantastic Four are back?

Issue 11 will be THING & MISTER FANTASTIC, and issue 12 will be HUMAN TORCH & INVISIBLE WOMAN. We had a lot of discussions about what the book would look like after the FF came back, and ultimately decided that the FF book should have some room to breathe, and that we should work on reinventing TWO-IN-ONE. I've written the outline for what comes next and the first issue, and I'm trying to keep it about the relationships between heroes and friends, for some sense of continuity between what we were doing and what's to come next. We're still figuring out the name for it though, which seems to be the hardest part, weirdly. I don't know if it'll still be called TWO-IN-ONE or something else at this point."

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:26 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:The first I've heard of him leaving Two-In-One. My understanding is that he is taking a three issue break on Spectacular and will be back after the Spider-Geddon crossover. At least that's what Sean Ryan wrote on Twitter. Plus Chip signed an exclusive deal with Marvel this year, so he ain't going anywhere.

Edit - Looks like he is done on Spectacular. Just read the article at CBR. :-(

I'm not sure when Chip's exclusivity ends, but unless he was just joking, he says PPSSM #310 is his last issue.

Also:
https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/95cey6/hello_how_are_you_i_am_chip_zdarsky_artist_of_sex/e3rndoj/
The two-part Sandman story with Chris Bachalo(!) coming up is GORGEOUS! We're doing some new things with the character that I think people will like. After that, I'm writing AND illustrating issue 310, which is nerve-wracking as it turns out I do not know how to draw.

It'll also be my last issue on the series. Which was an incredibly hard decision to make, but the timing felt right. My biggest regret is that, talking with Nick Spencer, the stuff coming up in AMAZING is so great that I wished I could stick around to play in the world he's making.

It's less clear what is happening with 2in1 but he says he is working on something he can't talk about yet (did not say if it was for Marvel)
https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/95cey6/hello_how_are_you_i_am_chip_zdarsky_artist_of_sex/e3ro6o2/

Issue 11 will be THING & MISTER FANTASTIC, and issue 12 will be HUMAN TORCH & INVISIBLE WOMAN. We had a lot of discussions about what the book would look like after the FF came back, and ultimately decided that the FF book should have some room to breathe, and that we should work on reinventing TWO-IN-ONE. I've written the outline for what comes next and the first issue, and I'm trying to keep it about the relationships between heroes and friends, for some sense of continuity between what we were doing and what's to come next. We're still figuring out the name for it though, which seems to be the hardest part, weirdly. I don't know if it'll still be called TWO-IN-ONE or something else at this point.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Spec Spidey #310 is written by Chip... AND (unconfirmed) drawn by him as well. :shock:

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 am

Amoebas wrote:Spec Spidey #310 is written by Chip... AND (unconfirmed) drawn by him as well. :shock:

Yeah he's drawing it…

… Which explains why he was kicked off the book

:P

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:05 am

Why even consider changing the name of Two-In-One? It's not a conventional name but that name has a history for long-time readers and now thanks to the current run it's brought on newer readers. It's always been a Thing team-up title so maybe they think it's too associated with the FF to continue on with different heroes? He said that they are trying to maintain some type continuity between now and what's coming. I think changing the name might be counter-productive to that as far as retaining current readers.

leave a comment with facebook