Friday, September 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Shit happens here."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Warner Bros. Creates New Global Brand Division Which Encompasses DC

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Warner Bros. Creates New Global Brand Division Which Encompasses DC

Pam Lifford, who ran the consumer products division, has been named president of the new division.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Warner Bros. has created Warner Bros Global Brands and Experiences, an umbrella division that will encompass DC, Warner Bros Consumer Products, Themed Entertainment, and a new global franchise team. Pam Lifford, who ran the consumer products division, has been named president of the new division.

According to Warners, Lifford's duties include a lot of corporate-speak:

"all-new fan-engagement business opportunities as well as working to align the current fan-focused activities of WBCP, Themed Entertainment and DC that lend themselves to next-level development. She'll also work with all divisions of the studio to ensure that every touchpoint for cross-divisional and cross-company collaboration is maximized. Additionally, she will coordinate with WarnerMedia sister companies HBO and Turner as well as various AT&T divisions when appropriate."

DC co-publishers Jim Lee and Dan Didio now will report to Lifford.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Hopefully one of Lifford's new acts as head of this new division will include giving Didio and co their severance package-assuming she isn't another one of Warner's ass-kissing lapdogs like they are.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Draco x wrote:Hopefully one of Lifford's new acts as head of this new division will include giving Didio and co their severance package-assuming she isn't another one of Warner's ass-kissing lapdogs like they are.

Nice sentiment, but unlikely. Just to get where she is from where she was probably meant a lot of ass-kissing. Also.....from that paragraph....WTF does she do? :smt017

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 pm

achilles wrote:
Nice sentiment, but unlikely. Just to get where she is from where she was probably meant a lot of ass-kissing. Also.....from that paragraph....WTF does she do? :smt017

That's a good question and one I don't have the answer to yet. We will see if she will bring about some necessary changes or double-down on the cronyism that her other contemporaries are known for.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Draco x wrote:Hopefully one of Lifford's new acts as head of this new division will include giving Didio and co their severance package-assuming she isn't another one of Warner's ass-kissing lapdogs like they are.

Ass kissing lapdogs? I think I saw those at a pound once. They were wearing red lipstick and they would blow kisses to anyone that walked by the gate.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Why would she fire Didio, Lee and Johns when they engineered Rebirth to counter the 2011 reboot sales drop? DC Comics has had consecutive growth right up through 2016? 2017 saw a decline but I believe that was true for numerous Publishers in that market.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:56 pm

They also engineered the 2011 reboot (creating the problem), and THEN, being several years behind the deluge of insistence that it wasn't as great as they thought it was, Rebirth came along as, according to others, an "apology" for the aforementioned reboot. Forget that there had to be any number of more lucrative alternatives to the avenue they took.

I've known a guy or two who lost their job over less. But then, I also know of an incompetent, delusion clod that not only got to keep his job, he was/is in management.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Considering how Marvel is crushing DC, they need to do something. The sales charts for August 2018 are in and DC is tumbling down.

RETAIL MARKET SHARE
MARVEL COMICS 40.87%
DC ENTERTAINMENT 27.51%

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/ ... eID=148766

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Why would she fire Didio, Lee and Johns when they engineered Rebirth to counter the 2011 reboot sales drop? DC Comics has had consecutive growth right up through 2016? 2017 saw a decline but I believe that was true for numerous Publishers in that market.

God bless your heart, Ivy, as we know you don't believe what you just said. LOL.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:23 pm

SporkBot wrote:They also engineered the 2011 reboot (creating the problem), and THEN, being several years behind the deluge of insistence that it wasn't as great as they thought it was, Rebirth came along as, according to others, an "apology" for the aforementioned reboot. Forget that there had to be any number of more lucrative alternatives to the avenue they took.

I've known a guy or two who lost their job over less. But then, I also know of an incompetent, delusion clod that not only got to keep his job, he was/is in management.

IVNCB4 doesn't believe a word of what he said, dude. IVCNB4, if Warner and DC are paying you to say these comments on Outhouse just be open and honest about it.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Draco x wrote:
IVNCB4 doesn't believe a word of what he said, dude. IVCNB4, if Warner and DC are paying you to say these comments on Outhouse just be open and honest about it.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound like when you say things like that?
Years ago you claimed that you managed or owned three McDonalds restaurants. I find it difficult to believe that someone actually in that position would have absolutely no knowledge of basic business operations especially in a Sales environment.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:46 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound like when you say things like that?
Years ago you claimed that you managed or owned three McDonalds restaurants. I find it difficult to believe that someone actually in that position would have absolutely no knowledge of basic business operations especially in a Sales environment.

There is a difference between understanding a sales environment and just being an apologist for a company anytime someone dares say something bad about that particular company on OH. To me I find a lot of your defense of DC good comedy and I usually laugh it off and spin it into a joke afterwards. However, you are using Syxxpaxx's talking points now and you're better than that as you can come up with a better response than this. You deep down know that what you said isn't true as you can't even say that with a straight face that Didio and his goon-squad have done any real good at DC. If you're being paid to do damage control for them here on OH, just be honest about it and I won't hold it against you. Even Syxx deep down didn't believe most of what he said about Didio and whoever else he was caping for on this forum and you don't believe what you're saying either.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:37 am

Draco x wrote:
There is a difference between understanding a sales environment and just being an apologist for a company anytime someone dares say something bad about that particular company on OH. To me I find a lot of your defense of DC good comedy and I usually laugh it off and spin it into a joke afterwards. However, you are using Syxxpaxx's talking points now and you're better than that as you can come up with a better response than this. You deep down know that what you said isn't true as you can't even say that with a straight face that Didio and his goon-squad have done any real good at DC. If you're being paid to do damage control for them here on OH, just be honest about it and I won't hold it against you. Even Syxx deep down didn't believe most of what he said about Didio and whoever else he was caping for on this forum and you don't believe what you're saying either.

I call bullshit.

All it seems you (and a handful of others) do is bitch about DC and beg for Didio and others to get canned. And unlike your use of the word "anytime" it's more like "every time".

You ask Iv to look "deep down" about his motives when you, are so invested in despising Didio, that you automatically take anything and turn it negative. Maybe it's you that should look in a mirror.

Here's a simple fact - I enjoy more DC Comics than Marvel. I probably get 40 DC books a month to Marvel's 5. That's not because I'm an apologist, it's because I simply enjoy their products more. Were Marvel to produce more comics I could enjoy, I'd add them as well. What I don't do is jump into any Marvel related thread calling for Quesada & Brevoort to get fired.

You're bullying Iv with shit like 'you make me laugh' and 'deep down you know I'm right' is a bunch of crap. Iv is right. You are right. That's the beauty of having opinions. But only one of you is calling for people to be fired just because you don't like a product that no one says you have to like. And that - is why I call bull shit.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:44 pm

SporkBot wrote:They also engineered the 2011 reboot (creating the problem), and THEN, being several years behind the deluge of insistence that it wasn't as great as they thought it was, Rebirth came along as, according to others, an "apology" for the aforementioned reboot. Forget that there had to be any number of more lucrative alternatives to the avenue they took.

This post is brought to you by Pure Speculation

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Draco x wrote:

I love how you're acting like Ivy has a credibility problem. Especially not, when compared to you and Sporkbot. :smt005

leave a comment with facebook