Friday, September 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

'Venom' Defanged to a PG-13 Rating!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Like a turd in the wind (wait.. how does that even make sense?), the Venom movie has been given its rating, and already the director of it is teasing a darker unrated version.

So yesterday, Venom got it's rating and it'll be PG-13.  Right as the rating was revealed Fandango Editor posted this as to why the movie was given this rating:

Not soon after that in an interview Fandango then revealed it had an interview with the movie's director, Ruben Fleischer, who talked about the possibility of an unrated cut out there: 

I wouldn't rule anything out. We'll have to see where it lands, I guess, but I wouldn't rule anything out.

Now, of course, this wouldn't be the first time a superhero film that was released theatrically was given an "unrated" version. The Wolverine went down that path and had one. Then again, the irony of saying Venom can't ever cross over back into PG-13 land when Wolverine can do it kind of makes that sort of thing a moot point. Of course, another example is Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice had an "extended" cut, but that was rated R and Wonder Woman showed up in her own film which was PG-13 and of course Batman/Superman showing up in Justice League.

I think we all know the "real" reason why the rating went down the way it did. Sony wants that "PG-13" money some studios think exist like they did for the Expendables 3.  Of course, this is Sony's first attempt at a new comic universe using the characters around Spider-Man (given their first attempt bombed spectacularly in the Amazing Spider-Man 2) and will be having Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in December.  

Whatever the case, I guess we'll find out when Venom opens in just a few more weeks on October 5th. Will, I take the bullet and see it? Of course, I have too. I mean, I haven't done a video review in a while haven't I? You readers love me in pain and this movie looks like it'll be just that. Well, I doubt it will cause me too much grief. Unless it has a symbiOATE in it. I mean Spider-Man 3 had the infamous dancing symbiote-possessed Peter Parker scene that's burned into my mind still like that damn stupid butler. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL HARRY TO BEGIN WITH YOU FOOL!!! YOU COULD HAVE SPARED HIM SO MUCH PSYCHOLOGICAL HARM BY JUST TELLING HIM THE TRUTH!  ARGH! 

Anyway, yeah hopefully this movie doesn't have a dancing Venom and I'll be fine. 

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

leave a comment with facebook