Friday, November 16, 2018 • Morning Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review of the 2018 MLB Season

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 am

Sadly, the 2018 baseball season is almost over, and a cricket game that started at the same time is almost half-way through as well, (kidding). A few observations. My home team, the Angels, continue to suck, despite having the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, and the first player since Babe Ruth to pitch over 50 innings and hit more than 10 home runs, (Ruth did it in the a few years after WWI). He has 20 currently. Though obviously his pitching career is in jeopardy now.

The Dodgers may or may not win their division, but they will do their typical post-season collapse. The Red Sox are the best team in baseball, followed by the Yankees and the Astros. The A's are surprisingly great. One of my new favorite teams is Atlanta, and I've even see Captain Marvel Jr. fly out to center field.

I hate not really having starting pitchers in the old sense, but instead just in effect having a bunch of relief pitchers pitch the whole game, not usually going more than four or five innings, throwing so hard that they tire their arms out too much to go more. I prefer the era when pitchers commonly went complete games, or at least seven innings, and threw a baffling array of junk at batters instead of just throwing huge heat.

This trend of course results in pitchers continually throwing up in the bullpen.

For Zechs, here's a photo of his favorite pitcher throwing up in the bullpen.

TV baseball....sucks. You have to pay a large amount to see your home teams, at least here in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. And MLB's Free Game of the Day might be nice if the streaming was better----there's nothing more fun than watching someone hit a home run when the picture cuts out and the streaming bar appears---and if they didn't black out your team's games. I've noticed for the past more than a few years actually that the games are poorly attended. A couple of days ago, I saw a game between two terrible teams where it seemed there was only about maybe fifty fans in the whole stadium. Meanwhile, the contender's stadiums are packed. I don't like the reviews. Sure umps blow calls, but that's part of the game.

My pick to win the World Series---Boston.

leave a comment with facebook