Friday, December 14, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel fires Star Wars writer allegedly for social media use

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Mac E Tero

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:09 pm

achilles wrote:
Exactly. Don't talk about it. Write it into your next screenplay for a Disney animated kids movie. And be sure to put in a song about it.

You reminded me of a Disney movie James Gunn made where a guy impregnated as many women as possible all so he could consume his kids. It was called Guardians of the galaxy 2.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:Disney allows many of its employees to speak their mind. They just have to be civil about it.

And say what the company wants them to say.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:13 pm

achilles wrote:
Yes indeed, but when I booked one, I got a bounce house... :smt013

Still, bouncing nuns aint bad... :wink:

Do you have to pay extra for that?

Mac E Tero

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Glaeken wrote:
Or mention Tommy Kirk.

The name didn’t ring a bell so I had to look him up. Now I’d like to see a good remake of Swiss Family Robinson.

Mac E Tero

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:21 pm

RobThompson wrote:And say what the company wants them to say.

This guy was vulgar and insulting for a couple of years. They surely didn’t want him to say those things. They just had enough. Specifically, this Marvel editor.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:This guy was vulgar and insulting for a couple of years. They surely didn’t want him to say those things. They just had enough. Specifically, this Marvel editor.

Whatever you need to tell yourself, brother.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:You reminded me of a Disney movie James Gunn made where a guy impregnated as many women as possible all so he could consume his kids. It was called Guardians of the galaxy 2.

His mistake was not putting a song about it in the movie. Or making Star Lord a princess who finds a handsome stranger and goes on adventures, likely involving his hair or cold things or lions. Still, maybe a raccoon and a tree counts?

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:33 pm

zryson wrote:
Do you have to pay extra for that?

They paid me extra.

Mac E Tero

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Mac E Tero » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:11 am

RobThompson wrote:Whatever I need to tell myself, brother.

Fixed

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 am

Mac E Tero wrote:Fixed

:roll:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:45 am

Ah, irony.

And some responses from Twitter.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:43 am

http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/why-did- ... endig.html

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:31 am

HNutz wrote:Ah, irony.

And some responses from Twitter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And this is why I don't follow comic book types; they nearly always disappoint me. I liked PAD back in the day, even apologized to him once for saying he did something to PG, (which he did, but he informed me it was on editorial order---that weird and ill-defined weakness to "raw unprocessed materials" thing). Then....well, you probably know what happened with him. Then it was EVS, I liked his art. Then years later, the internets revealed....other stuff about him. I'm sure there are plenty of great people in the industry....but that bit about keeping your heroes at a distance lest you find out what they're really like comes to mind.

You get idiots like this who completely lack self-awareness and just are the worst.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 am

Garofani Spruzzo wrote:http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/why-did-marvel-fire-star-wars-comics-writer-chuck-wendig.html

That's hilarious. Especially the bit where the guy says self righteously “Be good to each other..." like he's some sort of nice guy wishing for peace after saying the things he said. Again, lack of self awareness for a guy who comes across as obsessed and desperately bitter.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 am

Next up, Dark Horse has to fire P Craig Russell from American Gods, because he did the comic version of Wagner's Ring Cycle.

leave a comment with facebook