Wednesday, December 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Warner Bros. Manufacturing A 'Plastic Man' Movie

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:33 pm

A scriptwriter has been selected for the project

Source: Plastic Man Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

It looks like a Plastic Man movie is now in the works from Warner Bros. The character originated at Quality Comics with writer/artist Jack Cole and was bought by DC in 1956 when Quality shut down. Plastic Man aka. Patrick "Eel" O'Brien was once a criminal who turned good guy after being exposed to chemicals giving him his powers.

Though not really a household name, the often wacky character has been in non-comics media, even having his own cartoon series from 1979 to 1981 (The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show), and was featured in several team shows (Super Friends, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, etc). The film project is in its early stages, so hasn't really taken shape, but a screenwriter has been selected for the action/adventure comedy -- the "up-and-coming" Amanda Idoko.

That's about all we know about this right now. Anything else would be stretching the article out.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:39 pm

LOLtron wrote: The film project is in its early stages, so hasn't really taken shape, but a screenwriter has been selected for the action/adventure comedy -- the "up-and-coming" Amanda Idoko.

She's written... *checking IMDB*... ONE thing?!?

Yeah, that's pretty damn "up-and-coming". :roll:

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 pm

I'm sensing a classic getting ready to be made.

Belle-Tain Summer

Garbage Collector

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:25 pm

If they were announcing this five or six years ago, then I'd be excited and stoked. Now... Well now I only feel a sense of weary resignation as I wait for the inevitable news about how DC is gonna fuck this one up.

DC has missed the movie-franchise boat. They banked on the titanic vision of Snyder and Batfleck, but it has all gone down like the Lusitania and they are left instead with two cops in a rowboat. Not a Vital Spark among them.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Early reviews for "Aquaman" are raving like crazy and say that this movie could be the one to turn things around.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Early reviews for "Aquaman" are raving like crazy and say that this movie could be the one to turn things around.

Really? I've heard that it sinks without a trace, that it smells like dead fish, that Mamoa's acting reminds people of a hagfish. It'll be the perfect storm of....damn it, forgot my fish analogy.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:49 pm

achilles wrote:
Really? I've heard that it sinks without a trace, that it smells like dead fish, that Mamoa's acting reminds people of a hagfish. It'll be the perfect storm of....damn it, forgot my fish analogy.

You have got to stop talking to yourself when you look in a mirror.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:40 pm

RobThompson wrote:You have got to stop talking to yourself when you look in a mirror.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:26 pm

Every morning should be an Achilles morning.

:P

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Every morning should be an Achilles morning.

:P

Well, damn, I AM just so good-looking, I pretty much have to admire myself in the mirror every morning. :P

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:20 pm

achilles wrote:

Mamoa's extremely likeable as an actor.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Mamoa was on "Live With Kelly And Ryan" a few days ago. He seems like a really nice guy. Good sense of humor, too.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 am

Awesome. Now can you turn the spiral off?

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:43 am

Shut the fuck up, Carl.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Early reviews for "Aquaman" are raving like crazy and say that this movie could be the one to turn things around.

I saw the second trailer in Creed 2 and it looked a lot better in that second trailer than the first. I'm going to check it out.

leave a comment with facebook