Tuesday, January 15, 2019 • Evening Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:52 pm

She posted this earlier today...

Who's going to tell her that Grant Morrison wrote Watchmen? :-D

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Yeah, Alan Moore's beard wrote Shape of Water!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Amoebas wrote:She posted this earlier today...

Was that in response to her getting passed over for those committee positions?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 am

Grayson wrote:Yeah, Alan Moore's beard wrote Shape of Water!

One night Alan Moore feel asleep at his typewriter and when he woke up, the beard had written From Hell.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 am

At least she got the quote right. Now if she can just master the basics of economics, arithmetic, politics, the US Constitution, and not being an assclown to members of her own party. Also, if she can learn to boil water...it'd be a step up for someone as mindbogglingly stupid as her. I mean that lady is hands down the stupidest member of Congress, and that's saying something when another Democratic member of Congress thinks Guam will tip over and sink if too many service members move to one side of the island. I do like her calling out the press for calling her out for either lying when she opens her mouth, or being SO stupid she actually didn't know that everything she's said for the past year was lies, and stupid ones at that.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 am

Quick give this woman a comic cover.

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:55 am

achilles wrote:I mean that lady is hands down the stupidest member of Congress

I guess you didn’t hear Republican Steve King, who this week said;

"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?"

“You could look over there and think the Democratic Party is no country for white men."

"Can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies."

Just more of his long-standing racist views.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:06 am

pastajoe wrote:I guess you didn’t hear Republican Steve King, who this week said;

"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?"

“You could look over there and think the Democratic Party is no country for white men."

You're right, I haven't heard of that guy. He should just go away and not bother anyone again, never speak publically again. And never be in Congress again.

Still, for sheer stupidity, she's got my vote for stupid champ----like I said, that's quite a statement considering how stupid most congressmen are.

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 am

achilles wrote:
You're right, I haven't heard of that guy. He should just go away and not bother anyone again, never speak publically again. And never be in Congress again.

Still, for sheer stupidity, she's got my vote for stupid champ----like I said, that's quite a statement considering how stupid most congressmen are.

Really? You know about a rookie Congresswoman but don’t know Steve King, one of the most prominent far right Republicans whose been in Congress since 2003. C’mon, man!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:57 am

pastajoe wrote:I guess you didn’t hear Republican Steve King, who this week said;

While he seems to me to be an assclown, (yes, my long time favorite way to describe someone I think is a jerk, a hateful idiot----thanks Jericho), I might point out to him that there is nothing "offensive" about the term "Western Civilization" in and of itself. But...you sure don't want to be a "white nationalist" or a "white supremacist" or a neo Nazi, or any loser like that.

However, King seems like a problem that will solve itself. He's likely going to be marginalized by both parties in Congress, and I can foresee primary challengers in his future, and hopefully no chance of getting re-elected.

Cortez OTOH stands a good chance of getting re-elected, (she won this one by appealing to the pockets of upper middle class and upper class recent college grads, losing in those parts of her district where minorities were prevalent). She's not getting the committee assignments she stupidly dreamed of, but that's a function of her being a freshman congresswoman rather than someone with seniority...and her habit of going out of her way to insult the more senior members of her own caucus.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 am

pastajoe wrote:Really? You know about a rookie Congresswoman but don’t know Steve King, one of the most prominent far right Republicans whose been in Congress since 2003. C’mon, man!

Sorry, I'm not a political junky who pays constant attention to that sort of thing, nor so I follow these people. Cortez has been at the top of the headlines for a while now, but no, I hadn't heard of King till now. Doesn't sound like I've missed anything.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wrote:Powergirl sucks! She's the fucking worst and should never be heard from again. She's just a big-breasted Kryptonian wanna-be.

Ahhh. That explains Achilles' hate-boner for the Congresswoman.

:P

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:

:shock: She's EVIL! :shock:

RobThompson

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby RobThompson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:26 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Are you threatening the Congresswoman?

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:37 am

RobThompson wrote:Are you threatening the Congresswoman?

Yes, Ivy plans to give her donuts...but the catch is, they're Krispy Kreme donuts, not good donuts... :P And the Congresswoman will get too much sugar! And no flavor with her donuts... :-(

That is punishment for dissing PG...

leave a comment with facebook