Advertisement

Review Group Backup Pick Poll for 02-10

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Read the descriptions and pick a book:

Poll ended at Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:07 am

ADVENTURE COMICS WITH BLACK LANTERN SUPERBOY #7
5%
BATGIRL #7
5%
HUMAN TARGET #1 (OF 6)
20%
REBELS #13
No votes
HIT-MONKEY #1
20%
TAILS OF PET AVENGERS #1
30%
ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #7
15%
X-MEN PIXIE STRIKES BACK #1 (OF 4)
No votes
ANCHOR #5
5%
MUPPET KING ARTHUR #1
No votes

Total votes : 20

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Review Group Backup Pick Poll for 02-10

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Choker is our primary selection that everyone should be looking for, but it's sounding like Diamond fucked up when they put it on their shipping invoices this week.

Since we need to be able to review something, Kerny has agreed to let us select a backup pick via poll.

What should we read if we can't read Choker?

Poll will close in 10 hours. Here are your choices:

ADVENTURE COMICS WITH BLACK LANTERN SUPERBOY #7
Written by Tony Bedard; Art by Travis Moore; Covers by Francis Manapul
TOP SECRET!

DC Universe | 40pg. | Color | $3.99 US

BATGIRL #7
Written by Bryan Q. Miller; Art by Lee Garbett and Trevor Scott; Cover by Phil Noto
The situation is dire as Batgirl and Robin must venture into Devil's Square in an attempt to save Batman before Roulette's "most dangerous game" turns deadly. Guest-starring Dr. Phosphorus, Roxy Rocket and Riot, and more!

Batman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

HUMAN TARGET #1 (OF 6)
Written by Len Wein and Peter Johnson; Art by Bruno Redondo, Sergio Sandoval, Chris Sprouse and Karl Story; Cover by Lee Bermejo • Photo variant cover
On the heels of the highly anticipated Human Target Fox television series comes a brand-new adventure pitting Christopher Chance against the organized crime...of the world! When he's tasked with protecting a highly placed informant and collecting damaging evidence throughout Europe, every assassin and goon from Paris to Prague will be gunning for the Human Target!

From series creator Len Wein comes an all-new, action-packed adventure featuring the art of Bruno Redondo (PUSH) and covers by some of the industry's most popular creators! As a bonus, we've also got a backup story by Peter Johnson, executive producer of the Fox series, with art by the amazing Chris Sprouse (TOM STRONG)!

DC Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

REBELS #13
Written by Tony Bedard; Art by Claude St. Aubin and Scott Hanna; Cover by Kalman Andrasofszky

It's the penultimate chapter of the rebellion against the new Starro the Conqueror! With Despero's head in hand, super-genius Vril Dox harnesses the alien cranium as the key weapon in Starro's defeat. But with the conqueror's horde closing in, Dox calculates a 4.3% chance of success. Uh-oh.

DC Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

HIT-MONKEY #1
Story by Daniel Way
Art by Dalibor Talijic

The Legend of Hitman Monkey'

You're digging him in this month's issue of DEADPOOL and you want to know more about him? How about his origin story? A troubled soul, set upon a path of vengeance he does not understand. An assassin without equal, trained in the most secret of killing techniques. A flesh and blood specter, haunting the killers of the world. A monkey. $3.99

TAILS OF PET AVENGERS #1
WRITER: Joe Caramagna, Colleen Coover, Chris Eliopoulos, Scott Gray
PENCILS: Gurihiru, Colleen Coover, Chris Eliopoulos, Ig Guara

THE STORY:
They saved the world in LOCKJAW & THE PET AVENGERS…what’ve they been doing since? Find out in this super-sized special featuring Lockjaw, Redwing, and the rest of your favorite Pet Avengers take center-stage in their own spotlight adventures! Featuring an all-new, NEVER before seen savage tale of ZABU and a FROG THOR prequel leading into the team's triumphant return in PET AVENGERS, onsale next month! All Ages …$3.99

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #7
WRITER: Brian Michael Bendis
PENCILS: Takeshi Miyazawa

THE STORY:
Spider-Man and his amazing friends, Iceman and the Human Torch, team up to help the newly powered Rick Jones deal with the crazy changes and responsibilities that come with...power. But what side of the coin is Rick Jones on? Is this the birth of a new hero? Or the birth of an ultimate…enemy?? Find out as the awesomely talented duo of BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (DARK AVENGERS) and TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (RUNAWAYS) bring you a new revelation in ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN! Part one of a two-part story!! Rated T …$3.99

X-MEN PIXIE STRIKES BACK #1 (OF 4)
WRITER: Kathryn Immonen
PENCILS: Sara Pichelli

THE STORY:
Pixie, X-23, Armor, Mercury and Blindfold face a new kind of hell: high school! Things get even worse when Pixie’s mother shows up on Utopia demanding to see her daughter. Discover the truth about Pixie, inculding the answer to something even SHE doesn’t know: the identity of her father- one of the most dangerous X-Villains ever! Rated A …$3.99

ANCHOR #5
Story by Phil Hester
Art by Brian Churilla

The Breeder and his monstrous offspring have been defeated, but the mysterious Wound has set his sights on The Anchor’s companion, Hofi. The Anchor must choose between finally learning the truth about his past or saving the life of the one he loves. Black Lips Part One is a perfect jumping on point for anyone who failed to get aboard the comic book juggernaut that is… THE ANCHOR! A new BOOM! ongoing series, brought to you by Eisner Award-nominated writer/artist Phil Hester and fan-favorite artist Brian Churilla.

MUPPET KING ARTHUR #1
Writer Johanna Stokes
Artist: TBD
Many have sought the Holy Grail, and many have failed. Now the Muppets present some very good reasons why, as they recount the fantastic quest of King Arthur and his Muppets of the Round Table! This classic tale of adventure, romance, and magic is told once again, but this time with more frogs, chickens, bears, and Whatnots than you can shake Excalibur at! In the words of Fozzie, it will be a 'knight' to remember.

Last edited by ****** on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 pm

I voted for Human Target because the thread does not have Legendary Tailspinners as an option

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm

:| is for ambivalence.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Pet Avengers!

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Ultimate Spider-Man!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 pm

thefourthman wrote:I voted for Human Target because the thread does not have Legendary Tailspinners as an option

I was going to push for that book too but thought it was hopeless.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Pet Avengers would be my choice as well. Loved the first series.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:17 pm

now I want to change my vote.... Hit-Man was Image United/Franklin Richards/Wolverine Savage/Fall Out Toys Bad!

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Ug... what a crap week... I chose Hit Monkey... I really hope my shop gets Choker, I was planning on getting it anyway.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:19 pm

thefourthman wrote:now I want to change my vote.... Hit-Man was Image United/Franklin Richards/Wolverine Savage/Fall Out Toys Bad!

I laughed when I saw you pick that.

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:19 pm

thefourthman wrote:I voted for Human Target because the thread does not have Legendary Tailspinners as an option

Your Tailspinners book wouldn't have won anyway. :x

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:20 pm

thefourthman wrote:now I want to change my vote.... Hit-Man was Image United/Franklin Richards/Wolverine Savage/Fall Out Toys Bad!

You can totally change your vote, I allowed vote changing in the poll options.. :twisted:

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Went with Human Target, but hopefully Choker magically shows up

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Ug... what a crap week... I chose Hit Monkey... I really hope my shop gets Choker, I was planning on getting it anyway.

If your shop gets Choker, get Choker. This is just in case Choker didn't ship.

Postby ****** » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Voted for REBELS because I keep hearing how great it is.

I'll probably change my vote later when it's obvious that it has no chance of winning. :(

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand