Advertisement

The Dark Knight - The Reviews Thread *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!*

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39994
Likes: 181 posts
Liked in: 323 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


The Dark Knight - The Reviews Thread *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!*

Postby Keb » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:27 pm

Hey, so I understand most people are going to see The Dark Knight this weekend, so I made this thread for everyone to post their reviews and thoughts on the movie and to have discussions etc.

If you want to write up a review for our articles page, please do! You can send it either to myself or misac for posting.

I'm pretty psyched for tomorrow!

Review by Dragavon

Review by GOSD

Review by me (Keb) (spoilers here)
Last edited by Keb on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
SHABBA!

Advertisement

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25251
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 225 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Postby GOSD » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:31 pm

5 hours and 29 minutes. :-D

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25251
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 225 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Postby GOSD » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Keb? I told misac that I'd do a review but it'll have to be in the morning (9 or so) since I'll need to get a few hours of sleep before I get to work @ 8.

I'm going to be fucking tired but I'm totally psyched for this movie!!!!!!

Keb
User avatar
<( ' . ' )>
 
Posts: 39994
Likes: 181 posts
Liked in: 323 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Right near de mountains, boy!
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps


Postby Keb » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 pm

GOSD wrote:Keb? I told misac that I'd do a review but it'll have to be in the morning (9 or so) since I'll need to get a few hours of sleep before I get to work @ 8.

I'm going to be fucking tired but I'm totally psyched for this movie!!!!!!
Well, I'll be around all day for anyone who wants to send it to me (PM or email funkdoctah_keb@hotmail.com is fine) or you can send it to misac, which is probably better since he's the review guy. I'll try to get them up as fast as I can, but I'll be out at night (at the movie, of course), but I'll be around.

P.S. if you want to put an image with it, please send it to me or give me a direct link. Thanks.

Enjoy the movie! I guess this applies to anyone who wants to write a review.
SHABBA!

john lewis hawk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 29699
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Title: not here


Online


Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:38 am

Keb wrote:Well, I'll be around all day for anyone who wants to send it to me (PM or email funkdoctah_keb@hotmail.com is fine) or you can send it to misac, which is probably better since he's the review guy. I'll try to get them up as fast as I can, but I'll be out at night (at the movie, of course), but I'll be around.

P.S. if you want to put an image with it, please send it to me or give me a direct link. Thanks.

Enjoy the movie! I guess this applies to anyone who wants to write a review.
Just make certain they're an Outhouser.

daitong
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7063
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: New York City


Postby daitong » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:11 am

HOLY GOD!!!

This movie is phenomenal. Acting, script, direction, you name it. I can't even begin to describe Heath Ledger's performance. It's all the more tragic that such a great actor has passed, because this was a tour-de-force.

I can't wait to see this again. Easily my favorite comic based movie. It goes beyond that. It's just a great piece of film making.
Image

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25251
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 225 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Postby GOSD » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:18 am

daitong wrote:HOLY GOD!!!

This movie is phenomenal. Acting, script, direction, you name it. I can't even begin to describe Heath Ledger's performance. It's all the more tragic that such a great actor has passed, because this was a tour-de-force.

I can't wait to see this again. Easily my favorite comic based movie. It goes beyond that. It's just a great piece of film making.
Agreed. This is the best superhero movie I've ever seen.

It was brilliant. :shock:

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:21 am

In car on way home from movie, Fucking AWESOME!
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

GOSD
User avatar
Everybody lies!
 
Posts: 25251
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 225 posts
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Upstate NY
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom


Postby GOSD » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 am

starlord wrote:In car on way home from movie, Fucking AWESOME!
Wasn't it?

Heath was GREAT as the Joker.

AWESOME ending too.

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:50 am

The whole thing was just magnificant. Both my boys actually stayed awake for the whole thing. Ledger was beyond awesome, but Bale and Oldeman held their own as well.

I can't wait to see it again... next time it's IMAX!
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

JL_Amato
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6871
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:08 pm


Postby JL_Amato » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 am

I'm going to see it in an hour! :D

I'll review it when I get back.
Image

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:22 am

You guys are really making me happy. :D

Mr. Batman
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby Mr. Batman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:27 am

GOSD wrote:Wasn't it?

Heath was GREAT as the Joker.

AWESOME ending too.

Agreed.
This movie was the best superhero movie I've ever seen

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 41 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 am

You losers seeing this at midnight and this morning suck.

Even though I hate opening day and midnight showings, I'm jealous.

I'll be going tomorrow.
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 34808
Likes: 186 posts
Liked in: 103 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Postby misac » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:05 am

Image

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: COBRA Command, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN NewsBlogs and 31 guests

Advertisement