Monday, October 22, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:30 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I was going to get Skyscraper but I'm not paying $25 for it. Especially when it will be $10 on Black Friday. $25 for a standard Blu-ray release of a box office bomb is stupid. Get bent, Universal. :smt013

Yeah. Not finding it much “over there”.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Sarahroo wrote:Yeah. Not finding it much “over there”.

I would have bit for $20. Definitely not paying the inflated price of $25. Even Disney doesn't rip off their customers that badly. I just bought an entire season of Vikings last week for that price. The studios have been testing how much people are willing to pay. I have news for them. Plan on losing even more money from physical discs if you keep increasing the price. They think they will make up for physical disc sales declines by jacking up the price, but it will just kill the format even faster. Skyscraper is definitely the movie to try this tactic out on. :lol: Not one other Universal preorder is listed at $25. Not one.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:40 am

House on Haunted Hill (1999) - I love the relationship between Geoffrey Rush and Famke Janssen's characters. You can just tell Rush is having so much fun with his character and Janssen is such a bitch. I like that throughout the movie the characters don't know if that married couple is fucking with them or it really is the house. The movie is really witty too. It all works. That is until that cg and composite shot filled ending. It looks really bad. A damn shame these 90's horror movies threw in what is now horribly outdated cg.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:34 am

Bloodlust (1977) - Uhm, what do we have here? One of the oddest movies. The main character is a deaf mute. Yep, it follows someone who never utters a word. He takes up visiting funeral homes and drinking the blood of the prettiest women there. Through a weird glass straw too. It earns him the nickname of Mosquito in the local papers. Some think he's a modern day vampire.

3 1/2, I guess :smt102

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 am

Wow..........just wow.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 pm

I got black sabbath because it looked cool. It’s in Italian with subtitles. I hate subtitles. Boooooooo. Oh well. Back to Netflix it goes.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Sarahroo wrote:I got black sabbath because it looked cool. It’s in Italian with subtitles. I hate subtitles. Boooooooo. Oh well. Back to Netflix it goes.

There's two versions of the movie. Mine is in English.

English version

Italian version

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Oh well double booooooo. Netflix search function is not functioning so I can’t look to see if the English one is there.

Edit
Nope. That’s the only one.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am

He's Out There - Yvonne Strahovski

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
This is like 80's old-school horror. Screw plot and a killer you feel sympathetic for. Why is this guy killing people? Who cares? It's a predictable slasher. The killer looks sick. There's a couple cool kills. The body count is surprisingly small though. It was nice that they hired sisters to actually play sisters in the movie. Too bad they mostly scream and whine. The movie has a really dark look until the climax, which is in broad daylight, bizarrely.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:45 am

You’re well ahead of 31 in 31

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:10 am

In between episodes of The Haunting of Hill House. Three episodes in and I think it's terrific.

My Bloody Valentine (1981) - A killer in a miner's outfit looks cool. Hearing his heavy breathing through the mask is nice and intimidating. A mine shaft is a nice and claustrophobic setting to stalk victims in. The final fight is kind of hokey.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:23 am

I really liked my bloody valentine. I also watched 2 episodes of hill house last night and really like it so far.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 pm

You really have to pay attention with these back and forth hill house time jumps.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 pm

Sarahroo wrote:You really have to pay attention with these back and forth hill house time jumps.

I realized real fast, during the first episode, that this would be a show that would need my full attention. It took a couple episodes to get down who each kid was in present day. It helped that the early episodes focused heavily on a single kid.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:19 am

Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum - Korean found footage movie. Basically their take on Grave Encounters. This follows a crew visiting a haunted asylum while they live stream the whole thing. Their goal is to hit 1 million views. Three out of the seven people are in on staging the events. Eventually shit gets real and the acting is over. It takes a little too long for the "real" stuff to start happening. It takes around 50 minutes to introduce everyone and for them to go through the staged scares. There's some really good chills after that. I find the shot of a guy standing still in a dark room, with just a flashlight on him to be far more effective than things flying around a room. Subtitles hurt this movie. I like to really take in the scenes in a found footage movie and I couldn't really do that as I'm reading. Most horror movies don't have as much dialogue because they don't have seven people that need to all talk because they're filming. I like the concept though and am usually a sucker for found footage.

It is based on a real place in Korea. CNN Travel named it one of the seven freakiest places on the planet.

3 1/2

leave a comment with facebook