Tuesday, January 15, 2019 • Evening Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Code Craze

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:53 am

I guess every foreign language movie is considered part of geek culture, regardless of subject matter or genre.

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:31 pm

I didn't think life could get any better and then I watch Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl.

My life is now complete.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:10 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I didn't think life could get any better and then I watch Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl.

My life is now complete.

How cool. Back to the classic days of universals monsters I’m guessing. :groucho:

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Uhm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
What do I say? This is obviously some kind of elaborate trap. I need to impress Sarahroo here. Its not like she's going to watch it.

Yes

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:21 am

Well I hope DMR throws up some new stuff soon

A lot of the stuff gone already that was on sale

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:07 am

Bitcoin Heist - Vietnam makes movies? Who knew? This is actually a pretty traditional heist movie. You have the team recruitment, training for the job and the eventual heist. The only difference is that a cop leads the team of criminals to steal from other criminals. They also have an adorable kid on their team for the heist. I would be committing crime all the time if cops looked like Kate Nhung around here.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:09 am

At least that is an original idea
Stealing a bitcoin drive

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 am

I've been getting a little burned out on mainstream US movies lately. Most I find to be average. That's with skipping genres I know I won't like and trying to avoid most movies with terrible reviews. There's so little originality and anything remotely shocking. With foreign films it seems like anything goes. You never know what you're going to get. They don't have to play it safe and follow some basic formula. America excels at big budget CG filled movies. There's no competition there. There's no foreign equivilent to Avengers or Jurassic Park. Same goes for computer animated movies. Action movies are far more intense in other countries. The action is nonstop and the stunts are unbelievable. Almost all the groundbreaking horror movies are turned out by other countries now and remade here, watered down. Japan and Korea are particularly good at making original horror movies that can still really get under your skin. Watching all these foreign films lately brings back a little sense of wonder for me. Some are really wacky, but I like off the walls stuff. Subtitles forces me to concentrate too. I've been half in and out of a lot of movies lately.

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

I would like to thank Walmart for sending me a second copy of Street Law today. I guess I can return it for $22.99. That new shrine is in full effect.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:29 pm

That’s some fast DMR shipping
Got 3 of the posters today

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks Target for sending me Smallfoot on DVD. I didn't want it on any format at all, but if you insist. :smt102

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:34 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Thanks Target for sending me Smallfoot on DVD. I didn't want it on any format at all, but if you insist. :smt102

You always seem to get lucky with the shipment accidents

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Vader wrote:
You always seem to get lucky with the shipment accidents

It makes up for the constant delays and severe weather that makes everything take an additional week to show up. I guess I can sell Smallfoot or use it as a coaster. The DVD doesn't even come with a digital code like the Blu-ray does.

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:44 pm

I also had $37.49 mysteriously show up in my PayPal account today. Yesterday the balance was $0. I haven't received any payments since 1/6 and there has been no refunds. It is actually that exact amount for one of my Target preorders, that hasn't been cancelled. Instead of taking money from me it looks like they paid me for the preorder. No idea what happened there.

GiveWarAChance

Rain Partier

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm 8 episodes into Castle Rock and finding it a complete chore to get through. It's going to take all I have to finish it tonight. The first episode is rather good. Lots of suspense and mystery. Nothing much happens after that. Nothing has been explained. It just drags on and on. There's no scares. Zero! Good acting, but I don't find myself really caring for any of the characters. Each episode ends on a good cliffhanger, where you think something is going to happen. The next episode comes and nothing. I can't ever imagine myself revisiting this show. I'll probably toss the UHD disc into my sell pile when I'm done.

leave a comment with facebook