What is The Outhouse and who are The Outhousers?
Are you tired of reading the same press releases and fluff pieces on every comics news site on the internet?
Are you interested in reading fresh, bold, and unique perspectives about all of the biggest events and issues in today's comic industry?
Do want the raw, unfiltered spirit of an open forum with real opinions from real comic book fans?
Then you've come to the right place!
Founded in 2006, The Outhouse is diverse community of comic book fans with an unapologetically honest and outspoken opinion on comics, pop culture, and, well, just about everything.
We are not a corporate-backed megasite beholden to the interests of publishers and content creators through an incestuous trade of exclusives and talent access in exchange for unabashed promotion and five star reviews (though we are willing to be for the right price. Dan, Joe, call us.)
We say what we feel like saying, follow no editorial direction, and frequently end up pissing off people who can't take a joke...
...and we wouldn't have it any other way!
What is The Outhouse?
- It's this website.
- It's a community of comic book fans.
- It's a coalition of bloggers with similar interests.
Who are TheOuthousers?
- The people here on this website.
Why is our domain name TheOuthousers.com when out site is called The Outhouse?
- Because we don't think things through before we do them.
Do you hate comics?
- Of course not. We love comics.
So then why do you sometimes make fun of them?
- We make fun of them because we love them. It's tough love.
- And we think the comic book industry and its fans could stand to take themselves less seriously.
- When we're making fun of comic book fans, we're making fun of ourselves.
- Sometimes the fool is the wisest of all. Said someone smart, sometime, probably.
The Outhouse is for geeks, by geeks.
Check out TheOuthousers.com's perfect offering of tongue-in-cheek analysis, serious commentary, and unapologetic stances on comics and pop culture.
Then join our community on the forums, facebook, twitter, or your favorite social media platform!