The DC Comics All Access Panel kicked off WonderCon 2013 with teases and tidbits of upcoming DC plans (CBR has a full transcript).
Scott Snyder on Batman: Year One: "It's something we've been dying to do for a very long time.Year One really wouldn't be able to stand with the current New 52 continuity. I had an origin story that I had been playing with in my mind and if I ever got to do one this is what it would be. I'm crazy proud of it and nervous about it and I hope you enjoy it."
Snyder also spoke about Superman Unchained, his project with Jim Lee. "It's meant to be a classic Superman story but done in a new way." Snyder also said that Lee was doing things on the book artistically "that I've never seen him do." DC showed an image by Lee on the screen for a splash page of Superman Unchained. The page is actually four pages together that fold-out into a larger page. It's a two-sided, four-page fold-out in the book.
On Harper Row and her role in the Batman universe, Snyder claims that she was not designed or meant to become the new Robin. Instead, she gives a grounded perspective of Gotham, much like characters in Gotham Central did.
James Robinson on Earth 2: We'll see the return of Captain Steel. Robinson is starting to put together all the pieces for a big event at the end of next year, promising "a killer surprise -- no pun intended -- coming up in issue #17".
- There's an issue coming up where we'll see the first [tease] of Doctor Mid-Night.
- Robinson is planning to expand the diversity of Earth 2 as well, with Captain Steel as a Filipino superhero.
- Mister Miracle and Barda will also be a part of the series in the future.
- A new Batman would be introduced in the upcoming annual issue. "Another big piece is this new Batman who will be a big part of Earth 2 and a big part of the DC Universe," said Robinson. "He'll be around forever."
- Robinson teased that the Earth 2 Fury is not Donna Troy and when you see who her father is it will blow your mind !
- They also teased "stay tuned" for other publications in the Earth 2 universe.
Cover to Earth 2 Annual #1
Earth 2 Annual #1 artwork preview
Ann Nocenti on Catwoman: "The hard part of this stuff is that everything is a secret," said Nocenti, praising the work of series artist Rafa Sandoval. "I think that his approach to action is layered with -- sometimes it feels 'Three Stooges,' sometimes it's brutal and heart-wrenching. A lot of fun I'm having is just feeding off what Rafa is doing and heading down roads I think will visually inspire him."