Source: Press Release
San Diego Comic Con is the biggest geek culture event of the year, with over 125,000 in attendance each year for the last six years. And with the increasing presence of movie, television, and video game companies at the convention, along with an annoying need for hydration and sustenance, there are a lot of places for the average congoer to spend their money. This means that the average congoer might have the best of intentions, such as a desire to spend $15.99 on a single glass tumbler with a drawing of Spider-Man by Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada printed on it, but, by the time they've found the Joe Quesada Spider-Man drinking glass booth, they've already blown all their money on something else.
Well, luckily for you, consumer, Marvel Comics is looking out for you. They've opened a booth, Booth #2329 to be precise, where you can buy all the overpriced Marvel paraphernalia you like. T-shirts, iPhone cases, comic books, and other crap, all at prices 3-4 times what you would pay in a regular store! It's like going to a major sporting event, but with less of a chance you'll come into contact with someone who has had sex! Thanks, Marvel!
"Don't thank us," said Marvel Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. "We love money."
Below is a list of the Marvel exclusives available at the booth, along with about thirty images they sent us in an email that we're going to haphazardly upload at the bottom of the article before we check and see if any other companies sent us press releases about exclusives so we can use this same article idea multiple times.
Here's the press release:
The Marvel Shop Debuts At Comic Con International 2013 With Loads Of Limited Edition Items!
The Marvel booth at San Diego Comic Con International is back! (Booth #2329) Marvel will be taking the event by storm and aims to make this year one to remember! Along with all of the great on-stage panels, creator signings, and special events, Marvel is offering some fantastic new and exclusive merchandise that will be for sale at the booth (while supplies last), including T-shirts, glass tumblers, Blu-ray DVDs and more! Be sure to stop by and check the booth out, as supplies will be limited.
Here is a list of items that will be for sale:
Glass Tumblers – Enjoy your beverages with these awesome character themed tumblers made especially for San Diego Comic Con. There will be seven different unique designs available. Additionally, each Glass Tumbler will come with a certificate of authenticity. (Limited to 200 pieces for each design) Price: $15.99
- Spider-Man by Joe Quesada
- Thor by Olivier Coipel
- Captain Marvel by Terry Dodson
- Infinity by Marko Djurdjevic
- Uncanny Avengers by John Cassaday
- Avengers by Skottie Young
- Marvel’s Iron Man 3
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D T-Shirt – Coulson Lives! Support everyone’s favorite agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. with a brand new t-shirts from Marvel Television’s first live action show hitting screens everywhere this Fall on ABC! (Limited to 500 in men’s sizes & 100 in women’s) Price: $19.99
- iPhone Cases – Protect your iPhone with these sleek new iPhone cases for both models (4S & 5). There will be two designs available. Spider-Man by Skottie Young and Rocket Raccoon by Joe Quesada! (Limited to 250 pieces for each design) Price: $14.99
- Marvel Unlimited Subscription with Old Man Logan Action Figure – Become a member of Marvel Unlimited and gain access to thousands of Marvel titles! The titles can be read digitally on a desktop or via the Marvel Unlimited app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices). Included with the subscription is a Marvel exclusive Old Man Logan Action Figure from Hasbro Toys! (Only 3000 pieces produced) Price: $19.99 for one month or $55.20 for one year. Terms & conditions apply, offer valid only in person at the booth at Comic Con International Only.
- Uncanny X-Men #8 San Diego Cosplay Variant by J. Scott Campbell – Superstar artist J. Scott Campbell brings you some of your favorite female X-characters as they get ready to cosplay at SDCC! (Only 1,500 copies printed) Price: $10.00
- Deadpool Kills Deadpool #1 San Diego Variant by Gurihuru – Gurihuru puts Deadpool in a nightmare situation – surrounded by ponies, dressed as and featuring the powers of Marvel super heroes! This is a must own cover for any Deadpool fan! (Only 1,500 copies printed) Price: $10.00
- Phase 1 Marvel Cinematic Universe Blu-Ray Collector’s Set w/ limited-edition 24 x 36 Marvel’s The Avengers theatrical homage poster by Skottie Young. – Bring home a piece of cinema history with Phase One of the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Blu-Ray! This collector’s set includes all six Avenger’s films from Phase One and other amazing collectibles. But wait, there's more. As a special exclusive ONLY AVAILABLE at the San Diego convention, we are also including a limited edition theatrical homage poster as a special gift with purchase for anyone who buys the Box Set at the Marvel booth. This limited-run poster (production run of 350 posters), is illustrated by Skottie Young and hand-numbered. Not only that, but Skottie Young is scheduled to appear during preview night to sign these super rare posters in person! Price: $150.00
- Iron Man Statue by Beast Kingdom – Celebrating the unprecedented success of the Iron Man trilogy, decorate your home or office space with these Iron Man statues from Beast Kingdom! There are three Marks available: Iron Man 2 Mark V, Iron Man 2 Mark VI, and Iron Man 2 War Machine. SDCC marks the first time that these statues are for sale by Marvel in the United states! (100 units of each statue available) Price: $80.00
- Rocket Raccoon Mug – Get ready for the release of next summer’s Marvel Studios’ blockbuster film Guardians of the Galaxy, with this exclusive Rocket Raccoon Mug featuring art by Joe Quesada! (Only 350 units will be made available) Price: $14.99
- Avengers T-Shirts– Are you an Avengers fan? Show your support for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes with these special Avengers T-shirts! Two different T-shirt designs will be available, the Avengers Album mock cover by Joey Spiotto and Survival by Matt Ferguson. Price: $19.99
Stay tuned for news on other exciting Comic Con exclusives featuring your favorite Marvel Super Heroes, from some of our top licensees who will also be present at the convention!
With a ton of surprises all weekend long, no fan can miss out on all the excitement and their chance to bring a piece of the convention home with them! Can’t make it to the convention? Follow along on the Marvel Events App & events.marvel.com, the best way to get exclusive videos, real-time announcements from the convention floor and up-to-the-minute panel, in-booth, and signing schedules of all your favorite Marvel creators!
UPDATE: Marvel sent out another press release revealing even more exclusives:
MARVEL UNVEILS ACTION-PACKED LINE-UP OF EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLES AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON
Action Figures, Vinyl Figurines and Other Limited-Edition Products Featuring Renowned Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Wolverine and Others to Debut At Pre-Eminent Pop Culture Event
New York (July 1, 2013) – Marvel Entertainment, LLC will once again give fans another reason to head to the comic event of the year – Comic-Con International: San Diego – with a lineup of one-of-a-kind exclusives that will be available at the show for the first time. Marvel, along with partners Hasbro, Diamond Select, Gentle Giant, and Huckleberry have created a stellar line-up of limited edition collectibles featuring some of Marvel’s biggest icons. A few of the key Comic-Con product unveilings include the Marvel Universe Deadpool Corps Special Edition figure set, three variant editions of the “Iron Man 3” Iron Man Chara-Bricks 7” vinyl and Marvel Minimates Wolverine Saga box set. Some of the Comic-Con exclusives will be available in limited supply following the 4-day pop culture extravaganza.
“Comic-Con is the ideal time to honor our incredible fan base by introducing special and unexpected Marvel exclusives,” said Jesse Falcon, director of merchandising, Marvel Entertainment. “We work closely with our licensing partners on Comic-Con unveilings so that we can show our fervent fan base our appreciation for the endless support that they display year after year.”
Here is a rundown of some of the exciting Comic-Con International: San Diego Marvel exclusives to be unveiled:
- Marvel Minimates Wolverine Saga Box Set, $20.00, four-pack features 2-inch versions of Symbiote Wolverine, Spacesuit Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine and Logan-san in Japanese robes, with a variety of interchangeable parts
- Metallic Iron Patriot Wacky Wobbler, limited edition, $17.00
- Metallic Deadpool POP Bobblehead, limited edition, $15.00
- Metallic Ghost Rider POP Bobblehead, limited edition, $15.00
- Metallic Red Hulk POP Bobblehead, limited edition, $15.00
- Tony Stark Iron Man POP Bobblehead, limited edition, $15.00
- James Rhodes Iron Patriot POP Bobblehead, limited edition, $15.00
- Galactus with Silver Surfer Collectible Statue, limited edition, $120.00
- Marvel Legends Special Edition Marvel’s Thunderbolts Collector Pack, $89.99, features Luke Cage, Ghost, Crossbones, Marvel’s Moonstone and Judith Chambers
- Marvel Universe 3.75-inch Deadpool Corps Special Edition Figure Set, $49.99, features Deadpool, Lady Deadpool and Champion of the Universe, along with Kidpool, Dogpool, and Squirrelpool
- Black Spider-Man Chara-Covers iPhone 4/4s Case, limited edition, $30.00
- Iron Man 3 Iron Man Chara-Bricks 7” Vinyl, limited edition, $25.00 - $30.00, available in regular, variant and glow-in-the-dark
- Iron Man 3 Iron Patriot Chara-Bricks 7” Vinyl, limited edition, $25.00 - $30.00, available in regular, variant and glow-in-the-dark
- Deadpool Chara-Bricks 7” Vinyl, limited edition, $25.00 - $30.00, available in regular, variant and glow-in-the-dark
- Black Spider-Man Chara-Bricks 7” Vinyl, limited edition, $25.00 - $30.00, available in regular, variant and glow-in-the-dark
The above items will compliment an array of previously announced merchandise that will be available exclusively on site at The Marvel Shop in Marvel’s San Diego Comic Con International booth (Booth #2329). Limited edition merchandise in the Marvel Shop include: character themed tumblers; Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D T-Shirt; special edition Avengers t-shirts; specially designedSpider-Man and Rocket Racoon iPhone Cases; Iron Man Statue by Beast Kingdom; Rocket Raccoon mug; and Uncanny X-Men #8 and Deadpool Kills Deadpool #1 Variant cover comic book editions.
Remember to check out the Marvel booth and the vast range of toy, apparel and collectible companies who offer Marvel merchandise year round for fans of all ages.
About Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
Marvel Entertainment, Inc. is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 5,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in licensing, entertainment (via Marvel Studios and Marvel Animation) and publishing (via Marvel Comics). Marvel's strategy is to leverage its franchises in a growing array of opportunities around the world, including feature films, consumer products, toys, video games, animated television, direct-to-DVD and online. For more information visit marvel.com.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world's largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers' homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around seven strategic brand priorities: Disney Baby & Classic Characters, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW's growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney's official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Jude Terror
Jude Terror is the Webmaster Supreme of The Outhouse and a sarcastic ace reporter dedicated to delivering irreverent comics and entertainment news to The Outhouse's dozens of loyal readers. Driven by a quest for vengeance, Jude Terror taught himself to program and joined The Outhouse. He instantly began working toward his goal of forcing the internet comics community to take itself less seriously and failing miserably. Ironically, our webmaster, whose website skills know no end, has very little understanding of social networks or how they work. Regardless, you can find him on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, but would probably have the most luck just emailing him.
More articles from Jude Terror