Its news like this that will affect the image most people have of fanboys - and make it worse.
Source: Pay For Guillem March To Draw Naked Women
For years now fanboys have lived with the stereotype of being immature, lonely, dweebs who have fetishized women so much that no one in this universe could ever be good enough.
And this campaign is not going to help.
Bleeding Cool reports that comic book artist Guillem March (Talon and Catwoman – yes, that Catwoman cover artist) has started a Verkami fundraising campaign (European alternative to Kickstarter) to help him get his new sketchbook MUSES A GOGO published.
In his own words (translated from Spanish):
… When I draw for pure fun, almost always I end drawing the female figure. I try them to be suggestive, not in a explosive way, just natural. I´ve tried to work over several beauty standards, a wider range from what I show in my more commercial work. This book doesn´t include any kind of sex between characters or pornography, but those are tricky concepts… Obviously this is an adults-only book.
Basically, give March money and you will receive a sketch book of naked ladies…sorry, an art book of naked ladies. Furthermore, if you give him 195 Euros (~$246) he will include, in the published book, a sketch based on your own requests, and he even has some suggestions:
- Want to do a tattoo and with a personalized drawing from me?
- Want my drawn version in my style of your girlfriend/that girl? Maybe give it to her?
- You are a girl and want a drawing of yourself? A lovely drawing with your pet? A hot drawing with a tiger?
- A drawing of your dream girl driving your car?
- Like playing RPG and want to have a proper drawing of your she-elf character? Or a she-dwarf!
- You don´t mind the drawing, what you want is to include a love declaration in it. Or a hate declaration.
- Etc… Just kidding about he hate declaration.
To recap: do you want a drawing of a hot naked Asian chick? For just $246 it can be yours…or, you know, you could use the internet.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!