So who were the big winners at this years Emmy Awards? Find out here.
Big stories this year were the Daily Show taking home it's tenth award for Best Comedy series in a row and Kevin Costner winning his first Emmy. Comedian Louie C.K. also took home two emmys and the Sarah Palin biopic "Game Change" was surprisingly popular with the Hollywood crowd. Here is the full list of winners from this year's Emmys:
- Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Eric Stonestreet, "Modern Family"
- Writing, Comedy Series: Louis C.K, "Louie"
- Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Julie Bowen, "Modern Family"
- Directing, Comedy Series: Steven Levitan, "Modern Family,"
- Actor, Comedy Series: Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men,"
- Actress, Comedy Series: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep"
- Reality-Competition Program: "The Amazing Race"
- Host, Reality-Competition Program: Tom Bergeron, "Dancing With the Stars"
- Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Aaron Paul, "Breaking Bad"
- Writing, Drama Series: Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon, Gideon Raff, "Homeland"
- Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Maggie Smith, "Downton Abbey"
- Directing, Drama Series: Tim Van Patten, "Boardwalk Empire"
- Actor, Drama Series: Damian Lewis, "Homeland"
- Actress, Drama Series: Claire Danes, "Homeland"
- Writing for a Variety Special: Louis C.K., "Louis C.K. Live at the Beacon Theatre"
- Directing for a Variety Special: Glenn Weiss, 65th Annual Tony Awards
- Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart"
- Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Jessica Lange, "American Horror Story"
- Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Tom Berenger, "Hatfields & McCoys"
- Writing, Miniseries, Movie or Dramatic Special: Danny Strong, "Game Change"
- Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Julianne Moore, "Game Change"
- Directing, Miniseries, Movie or Dramatic Special: Jay Roach, "Game Change"
- Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Kevin Costner, "Hatfields & McCoys"
- Miniseries or Made-for-TV Movie: "Game Change"
- Drama Series: "Homeland"
- Comedy Series: "Modern Family"
The Outhouse is sponsored by Cinema Crazed: Celebrating Film Culture & Pop Culture.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Jeremy Shane
Jeremy was born in a small mountain village of a strange foreign land called Weystvurginea. Banishment for liberal views saw him spend years wondering the east coast until he decided to bike to California. When he saw how long a trip it was, he drove instead. Now he's living it up in a low humidity climate, sometimes working on his photography and when not, he writes for us covering books (by way of his blog: Reading Realms), gaming, tv, movies, comics, conventions in the SoCal area, and creates a weekly webcomic: A Journey Through Skyrim. If you look for him offline, start in the L.A. area; online start at: www.jeremyshane.info for his profile and all the social networks he's on... or just follow him on twitter, he seems to be on there a lot: @jeremyshane.
More articles from Jeremy Shane