Check out all the NYCC Vertigo news!
NYCC hosted a Vertigo-centric panel on Friday, October 12th. On the panel were Karen Berger, R.M. Guerra (Scalped), Jeff Lemire (Sweet Tooth), Ryan Kelly (Saucer County), Bill Willingham (Fables) and Scott Snyder (American Vampire). Here's a rundown of what happened:
- American Vampire will be going on hiatus with Issue #34 to allow Snyder and artist Rafael Albuquerque time to get ahead on the series. However, Berger assured readers that the hiatus would not last a full year and that there were several American Vampire one-shots planned. When the series returns, the book will jump forward to the 1960s.
- Scott Snyder and Sean Murphy will be releasing a 12 issue limited series called The Wake. The series will be sci-fi themed and focus on human evolution and sea monsters.
- Fables will have three lighter issues prior to Issue #125, which sets up the next "heavier" arc, which will be Snow White centric. Willingham also shared the cover art from Fables: Wolves in the Heartland, which will star Bigby and be set in Story City. Finally, he briefly talked about Lauren Beukes' arc on Fairest, which will look at Japanese folklore.
- Lemire thanked his fans for reading Sweet Tooth and showed the cover of the final issue, which shows Gus as an old man. He also talked about Trillium, the sci-fi series that we briefly covered here.
- Brian Azzarello appeared to talk about Spaceman. The hardcover will appearantly be the tits.
- STARTING WITH ISSUE #50, TOMMY TAYLOR AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE UNWRITTEN CAST WILL MAKE THEIR WAY INTO THE FABLES UNIVERSE. Willingham was quick to say that it was not a crossover, but rather an event set entirely in The Unwritten. The "not a crossover" will last for five issues.
- DC's new Ghosts anthology will feature stories by Geoff Johns and Lemire along with the last story Joe Kubert worked on before he passed away.
- Guerra spoke about his work on the Django Unchained miniseries. They're hoping to get the first issue prior to the movie's December 25th release date. However, he was not actively working with the movie's cinematographer to coordinate how the comic and movie look.
- Shockingly, the Before Sandman miniseries will be set prior to the events of the popular series. Readers will also meet the parents of the Endless. Berger couldn't really share more info about the miniseries due to the strict secrecy surrounding the project. Expect Bleeding Cool to leak the entire plot tomorrow.
- Hellblazer #300 will be double-sized.
Thanks to CBR, who did the legwork on our behalf. You're swell, CBR reporters!
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!