Check out the latest news coming out of NYCC!
Marvel held a panel focusing on Spider-Man and other related series (including Daredevil) on Sunday at NYCC. Attending the panel were Arune Singh, Joe Keatinge, Ellie Pyle, Dan Slott, Stephen Wacker, Ryan Stegman, Mark Waid, Declan Shalvey, Cullen Bunn, and Kevin Shinick.
Here's the highlights:
- Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 will be the last books released by Marvel in 2012. Both will release on December 26th. Avenging Spider-Man will act as a bridge linking the events of #700 to the new Superior Spider-Man.Also
- Chris Yost and Paco Medina will be the new creative team on Avenging Spider-Man, starting with #15.1.
- Yes, Peter Parker will not be Spider-Man in the new Superior Spider-Man series. However, he might still be involved with the book. Also the new Spider-Man and Mary Jane will be an item, according to Dan Slott.
- Dan Slott claims that the new Superior Spider-Man will be dark and weird, not grim and gritty like the Internets would have you believe. Oh, those Internets, linking unrelated phrases like "dark and weird" and "grim and gritty" together.
- Daredevil will jump into Marvel NOW! with Issue #23, although the series will not be renumbered. Spider-Man and Daredevil will team up to fight an all-new, all-different Stilt-Man, and the relationship between Hank Pym and Matt Murdock will be explored more.
- Tony Stark will guest star in an upcoming issue of Hawkeye to install Clint's A/V system. Also, Black Widow or Mockingbird will also be appearing in an upcoming issue.
- Both Big Wheel and the Living Brain will appear in Superior Spider-Man. So will Mr. Negative, Overdrive and the Vulture.
- The new Spider-Man will appear in Avenging Spider-Man as well.
- Eddie Brock will be appearing somewhere, probably in Superior Spider-Man.
- Spider-Man 2099 will be appearing somewhere, eventually.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - ThanosCopter
ThanosCopter is a specially designed helicopter built to transport Thanos the Mad Titan. Built by Sterling Custom Helicopters, ThanosCopter appeared in several Marvel comics, before being abandoned by its owner during the character's ascension into major villainy. ThanosCopter was discovered by the Outhouse and given a second chance at life. He now buzzes merrily around the comic book industry, spreading snark, satire and humor like candy to small children.
More articles from ThanosCopter