We're honoring people in the comic book industry.
Source: The Outhouse Newsroom
The Outhouse Newsroom has decided to honor the best and brightest the comic book industry has to offer by naming one lucky schmuck "Comic Industrialist of the Year". The Comic Industrialist of the Year is that special person who we feel has contributed the most to the comic book industry this year. It could be a writer, an artist, an editor, a journalist, a fictional character, or someone else entirely. All that matters is that we feel they're somehow important to the comic book industry.
We'll be naming one nominee each business day through the end of the year. We'll announce the winner on the 31st.
Today's Nominee: Richard Montigue Johnston, editor in chief of Bleeding Cool
- Writes most of the articles at Bleeding Cool (at least the comic book related ones)
- Probably the industry's biggest rumormonger. Is usually right about things.
- Named himself the 78th most powerful person in the comic book industry in the inaugural edition of Bleeding Cool Magazine.
Notable Accomplishments in 2012
- Broke the Before Watchmen story (although that was technically in 2011). Bragged about it when the news went official.
- Revealed that DC changed its voice mail system and fired Gail Simone in the same week.
- Broke the Scott Snyder/Jim Lee Man of Steel story. Bragged about it when the news went official.
- Approved a hilariously wrong Firefly reboot article.
- Leaked most of the Marvel Now! books and creative teams. Bragged about it when the news went official.
- Stirred the pot on just about every comic controversy imaginable.
- Managed to write at least a half dozen articles without noticeable typos.
- Linked to the Outhouse two days in a row, giving us the ad revenue needed to buy a Christmas present for Jude's kids.
Why He Should Win
He provides the Outhouse with daily news fodder. He also doesn't sue us despite us mocking him in said news articles.
Why He Shouldn't Win
He didn't name ThanosCopter as the 79th most powerful person in comic books, despite the journalist's powerful jet engine and passenger capacity.
Be sure to come back tomorrow to see who else got nominated!
The Outhouse is sponsored this week by Late Nite Draw. Recently featured on ComicsAlliances' Best Art Ever, he is a Chicago-based commissioned artist with a self-published Digital+Print one-shot coming out in October about the abominable snowman called ABOBAMANIMABBLE, and is also available for commissions. Check out some amazing art by clicking here or by clicking the banner at the top, and support the people who support The Outhouse.
You Might Also Like:
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - ThanosCopter
ThanosCopter is a specially designed helicopter built to transport Thanos the Mad Titan. Built by Sterling Custom Helicopters, ThanosCopter appeared in several Marvel comics, before being abandoned by its owner during the character's ascension into major villainy. ThanosCopter was discovered by the Outhouse and given a second chance at life. He now buzzes merrily around the comic book industry, spreading snark, satire and humor like candy to small children.
More articles from ThanosCopter