Another nominee for the most prestigious award ever to be handed out on the Internet.
Source: The Outhouse Newsroom
The Outhouse Newsroom has decided to honor the best and brightest the comic book industry has to offer by naming one lucky schmuck "Comic Industrialist of the Year". The Comic Industrialist of the Year is that special person who we feel has contributed the most to the comic book industry this year. It could be a writer, an artist, an editor, a journalist, a fictional character, or someone else entirely. All that matters is that we feel they're somehow important to the comic book industry.
We'll be naming one nominee each business day through the end of the year (unless we forget about it posting a nominee). We'll announce the winner on the 31st.
Warning: Today's Nominee contains spoilers for The Walking Dead television show and comic book. You've been warned.
Today's Nominee: Robert Maximus Kirkman
- Writer of The Walking Dead, which helped usher in a new age of zombies into pop culture.
- Writer of Invincible, the best Spider-Man comic written in the last twenty years.
- Writer of Image United, the most hilarious joke of an event ever.
- Founder of the Skybound imprint of Image, which is either a great resource for new creators or a way to place young creators into indentured servitude.
- Owner of 46% of the state of Kentucky.
Notable Accomplishments of 2012
- Wrote The Walking Dead #100, the best-selling comic book of the last fifteen years.
- Producer of The Walking Dead television show, one of only fifteen shows this year to receive a perfect "10/10" rating from Chris, an avid watcher of television.
- Convinced AMC to buy a pilot for Thief of Thieves, even though the book has only had one and one half arc.
- Settled a lawsuit with Tony Moore, ending one of the more disheartening lawsuits in the comic book industry.
- Continued the greatest feud in the comic book industry with Outhouse poster The Bass. Is probably not aware that he's in a feud, but it's awesome nonetheless.
- Probably made the most money out of any comic book creator this year.
Why He Should Win the Award
He made both Marvel and DC his bitch with The Walking Dead #100. Also, I like to believe that he personally killed Lori, the second most dislikable character in The Walking Dead television show.
Why He Shouldn't Win the Award
He killed off Glenn in The Walking Dead comic book. Seriously, fuck you, Kirkman.
We forgot to post this yesterday, so we might post another nominee this afternoon. Stay tuned!
The Outhouse is sponsored this week by Late Nite Draw. Recently featured on ComicsAlliances' Best Art Ever, he is a Chicago-based commissioned artist with a self-published Digital+Print one-shot coming out in October about the abominable snowman called ABOBAMANIMABBLE, and is also available for commissions. Check out some amazing art by clicking here or by clicking the banner at the top, and support the people who support The Outhouse.
You Might Also Like:
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - ThanosCopter
ThanosCopter is a specially designed helicopter built to transport Thanos the Mad Titan. Built by Sterling Custom Helicopters, ThanosCopter appeared in several Marvel comics, before being abandoned by its owner during the character's ascension into major villainy. ThanosCopter was discovered by the Outhouse and given a second chance at life. He now buzzes merrily around the comic book industry, spreading snark, satire and humor like candy to small children.
More articles from ThanosCopter