Information has possibly surfaced of just who will be appearing in the Justice League movie set for 2015.
Source: Excusive: Justice League Movie Character Info; Darkseid's Elite, Lois Lane, Alfred and more
Cosmicbooknews believes they have exclusive look into the characters that'll be appearing in the 2015 Justice League movie. So take this information with a grain of salt given this is just speculation and cannot be confirmed until Bleeding Cool's man of a 1,000 faces, Ricch Johnston decides like the rest of us to start paying attention this than that other big superhero team movie coming out the same year (and no doubt will be infinity better), Avengers 2: Avenging Harder.
Here's what the report has to say (which no doubt will cause some fan boy joy and hate):
- Superman is essentially the same character from "Man of Steel", and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
- Batman: The strategist of the group. He doesn't really want to be involved with these superpowered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
- Wonder Woman: She has only been in Men's World a few short months. The "Wonder Woman" script that Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before "Justice League".
- Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from "Green Lantern", but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
- Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
- Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
- Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key-role in the film.
- There will also be a heavy military presence in the film, which in future rewrites could include characters featured in "Man of Steel" or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
- Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
- Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
- Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
The report doesn't seem to mention just who will be amongst Darkseid's elite, but it's safe to assume Mantis, Kalibak, Steppenwolf, and the Female Furies will probably be them.
Nor does it say which Flash will be in the film. Though cue Dan Didio and Geoff Johns appearing out of nowhere to force the screenwriters of this film on pain of making them read the first arc of the new 52 Justice League (that has been known to drive the sanest person sark raving mad) to put their favorite Flash Barry Allen in the film. Obviously in their incessive need just to tick Wally West fans even more off and let's be truthful DC needs all the goodwill it can find. Again Not Avengers 2 movie with Not Thanos will arrive probably sometime early in 2015 to try (and fail) and dethrone Marvel at the box office.