Source: Collider (Panel Recap)
An adaptation of Stephen King's Under the Dome novel, it tells the story of the small town of Chester's Mill after it's incased in an invisible and impenetrable dome. The show premieres June 24th on CBS, and stars Rachelle Lefevre, Mike VOgel, R. Keith Harris, Dean Norris, and Britt Robertson. Y: The Last Man and Lost writer Brian K. Vaughan is producing the series and handling the script work.
- Brian K. Vaughan has said that Stephen King has been very creatively generous, encouraging writers to use the book as a jumping off point, taking the characters and plot in new directions.
- They consider the show a character piece with science fiction elements rather than the other way around.
- The season was broken up into thirds, which he calls the 'three F's': Faith, Fear and Fascism.
- The panel said the show is not a mini-series and that they have plans for it to continue long term.
- Vaughan said they have taken a very scientific approach to the dome with the help of Scott Gold, but when he showed their research to King, he responded, "You know you can just make shit up, too?" So they are now trying to find a balance of science and "made up shit."
- Neither Lefevre nor Norris read the book since their characters on the show will be different.
- Vaughan thinks deep down most people want the apocalypse in a primal way so we won't have to deal with things like emails and taxes.
- The show will have references and Easter eggs to other Stephen King novels.
- They have the show mapped out for the series end, but also have flexibility for multiple seasons. The ending will be different than the book.
You Might Also Like:
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!