Written by IvCNuB4
on Thursday, April 18 2013 and posted in News with Benefits
This Reverse Flash is a new character with a new costume, new powers and a new motivation.
We got our first glimpse of the New52 Reverse Flash in issue #17 and now his story unfolds beginning in issue #20.
Newsarama has an interview with the Flash creative team. Highlights are as follows:
- First off, they have confirmed that the new Reverse Flash is not Wally West.
- This new Reverse Flash has a entirely new set of powers, different from past incarnations of the character.
- The event that gives this character his powers also dictates his appearance and explains his costume. The way he gets his powers is a lot more brutal than the way Barry got his powers. And in the way that Barry switches to his costume, the Reverse Flash’s works a little differently.
- Reverse Flash is killing people associated with the Speed Force, and there's "a reason" he's after them.
- Kid Flash and Barry meet for the first time in the New 52 in The Flash #21
as Kid Flash is also on the Reverse Flash’s radar.
- Iris and Barry will be thrown together in this storyline, which leads to a love triangle between them and Patty (Barry’s current girlfriend).
- Fans will discover the Reverse Flash’s identity at the same time that Barry does.
- The Reverse Flash won't start off as someone who's against the Flash, but as this story arc continues he will become linked to Flash.
We get it. You don't feel like signing up for an Outhouse account, even though it's FREE and EASY! That's okay. You can comment with your Facebook account below and we'll take care of adding it to the stream above. But you really should consider getting a full Outhouse account, which will allow you to quote posts, choose an avatar and sig, and comment on our forums too. If that sounds good to you, sign up for an Outhouse account by clicking here.
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!