The panel had about all the head creative team (including Mike and Bryan) along with the vocal cast (Janet Varney, PJ Bryne who had a Pabu plushie, and ) First off, The Legend of Korra Book 2: Spirits will premiere in September of THIS YEAR. It's safe to say the show will retain it's 11 am Eastern timeslot on Saturday again when it returns.
- As for the main plot for Book 2 will be Korra trying to master her spirtual side, and given what we've seen of her in the previous chapter, her hot headed nature leads to rebelious spirits crossing over, forcing the young Avatar to find a way to restore the balance.
- Season 2 Trailer is shown (you can see it here).
- Bolin will have some romantic woes getting into trouble with a pair of twin water benders.
- Mako and Korra will have romantic woes.
- The panel shows off an animated clip of the new Korrang fighting a rogue Spirit with new character Unalaq (think Lando Calrissian in the Avatar world) uses his water bending to tame the spirit creature.
- Katara sends Bumi and Kya with Tenzin to visit the Air Temples. No word from the panel on why the trio are visiting the temples. The subplot will converge with the main plot at some point.
- Mike jokes that he's terrified of Grey DeLisle (the voice of Azula from the original series, who'll be lending her voice this season as a Spirit) commenting that's she capable of great evil.
- Korra will meet Avatar Kyoshi. God help us all.
- The panel shows off a video of Avatar Wan (who yesterday we found out will be voiced by Steven Yeun from the Walking Dead). The art style for the flashbacks are more wooden and done in the old style. Wan will have a trusty steed is a cat-deer named Mula.
- Panel comments on The Legend of Korra soundtrack is busting up the charts being #2 on iTunes and #1 on Amazon. They teased another volume for the future.
- Premiere date is revealed for September, Mike and Bryan aren't sure when that month, but it'll happen then.
Our friends at Nix Comics are sponsoring The Outhouse this week. Show them you appreciate it by checking out their comics. One dollar from every Nix Comics sold this month will go to Kirby-4-Heroes.
You Might Also Like:
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Zechs
Zechs is the lord and master of The Toy Shed, Character Spotlight, and Cartoon Reviews. He's also an aspiring comic book writer trying to get some of his works published on the Outhouse. If there's any greater quality to Zechs, it's that he's an avid fan of comic book characters and would defend them to the bitter end against the companies that use them wrongly. Zechs walks the lonely path in Chicagoland area.
More articles from Zechs