Source: CBR and Newsarama
Here's a rundown of some of the more interesting news coming out of DC's Co-Publisher panel, attended by Jim Lee and Dan Didio.
- Didio and Lee allegedly didn't know the Superman/Batman movie was being made despite the recent release of the Batman/Superman series.
- Lois Lane will save a plane full of people on her own in Superman Unchained.
- There will be 3D ads of Batman:Arkham Origins on the back of every Villains Month book.
- Harley Quinn will have 18 artists during the first issue, as Quinn auditions artists to draw her life story.
- Those covers are being made with "an extraordinary amount of plastic". Here's an exchange between Didio and Lee, courtesy of CBR:
“We actually took all the plastic in one province in China so they couldn’t make cups!” DiDio admitted with a laugh.
“Very thirsty Chinese people!” Lee added as the audience laughed.
- In regards to the Justice League: War animated movie, Didio said (Courtesy of Newsarma):
"Does this mean I have to throw away all my old animated movies, because they no longer count?"
- Dan Didio says he loves the satire of the new MAD idiotical blog, which DC also runs and operates. In particular he loves "the irreverence and cutting edge humor" of the blog. For some reason, I find this a bit hard to believe.
- DC is considering making discounted digital subscriptions or bundles available via Comixlogy. But there's nothing on its way immediately.
- Donna Troy and Wally West were victims of the New 52 age crunch and de-aging of the Justice League. Didio did note that they could come back down the line, provided "the right story" came along to reintroduce them to the comics.
- The red trunks won't return.
- Wednesday Comics 2 is still planned, but they're still waiting to bring in the right teams.
And that's everything!
Our friends at Nix Comics are sponsoring The Outhouse this week. Show them you appreciate it by checking out their comics. One dollar from every Nix Comics sold this month will go to Kirby-4-Heroes.
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - ThanosCopter
ThanosCopter is a specially designed helicopter built to transport Thanos the Mad Titan. Built by Sterling Custom Helicopters, ThanosCopter appeared in several Marvel comics, before being abandoned by its owner during the character's ascension into major villainy. ThanosCopter was discovered by the Outhouse and given a second chance at life. He now buzzes merrily around the comic book industry, spreading snark, satire and humor like candy to small children.
More articles from ThanosCopter