Source: D23 Expo: Live Blog of The Walt Disney Studios Animation Presentation
Bob iger (Chairman and Chief Executive of the Walt Disney Company) opened the presentation the D23 Expo by welcoming Star Wars into the Disney family and then went on to say that no Star Wars VII news will be revealed at this years' expo.
John Lasseter (Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Chief Creative Officer) was the main host of the show. For each topic, cast and crew from the respective projects joined Lasseter on stage for this two and a half hour extravaganza, and much rejoicing was done.
Newsbits from the presentation:
Pixar Animation Studios
- Monsters University will have a short film titled Party Central. This has Mike Wazowski (Billy Crystal) and Sulley (John Goodman) reuniting with the Oozmas. It's set to play before the upcoming movie The Good Dinosaur.
- The Good Dinosaur will be Pixar's next feature film. This is set in a world where the asteroid missed Earth. The main dinosaurs in the film are farmers and movie shows them meeting humans for the first time. The voice cast for this movie includes Lucas Neff, John Lithgow, Frances McDormand, Bill Hader, and Neil Patrick Harris. The film will hit theaters May 30, 2014.
- Inside Out is the story of a young girl named Riley and her five emotions: Anger (Lewis Black), Digust (Mindy Kaling), Fear (Bill Hader), Joy (Amy Poehler), and Sadness (Phyllis Smith). Somehow Joy and Sadness get lost in Riley's mind leaving the other emotions to run Riley's life. Inside Out will be in theaters June 19, 2015.
- Finding Dory is the sequel to 2003's Finding Nemo. This movie has Dory's (Ellen DeGeneres) homing instincts kick in, sending her on a quest to find her mother (Diane Keaton) and father (Eugene Levy). Marlin (Albert Brooks) and Nemo set off to find her. Finding Dory swims into theaters on November 25, 2015.
- Toy Story of Terror will hit the small screen as a special on this October on ABC. The special finds the Toy Story gang on a vacation and end up having a creepy adventure in a hotel.
- Tinkerbell will have a new movie titled "Legend of the Neverbeast".
- Also another Tinkerbell project was announced titled "The Pirate Fairy". Zarina (the Pirate Fairy) will be voiced by Christina Hendricks, while a human named James will be voiced by Tom Hiddleston. James is actually a young Captain James Hook.
- Planes (in theaters now) was the next topic, there will be a screening of the movie at D23 and Planes: Fire and Rescue will be in theaters next Summer and sees Dusty (Dane Cook) take the role of a firefighter.
Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Mickey Mouse in Get a Horse! is a short film which starts of in classic style black and white but then has Mickey knocked out of the film and in color 3D in front of and interacting with the theater screen. Mickey Mouse is voiced by Walt Disney(!).
- Big Hero 6 will feature familiar (but not Marvel Comic canon) versions of Hiro (now Hamada), Baymax, GoGo Tamago, Honey Lemon, Wasabi-No-Ginger, and Fred(zilla). The story revolves around 14-year old genius Hiro trying to get back microbot technology he created from the San Fransokyo underground. Big Hero 6 hits the big screen on November 7, 2014.
- Zootopia is a "Robin Hood"-like story set in a world of anthropomorphic animals. The film will arrive in 2016.
- Frozen is loosely based on "The Snow Queen". The song writers are the folks behind "Avenue Q" and "The Book of Mormon". It tells the story of Anna's (Kristen Bell) search for her sister Elsa (the Snow Queen voiced by Idina Menzel) who fled after she mistakenly uses magic and causes the world to be covered in Winter.
That's all folks! (oops wrong company)
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!