Source: ESO Subreddit
The developers at Zenimax, with the first major content update (Craglorn & Trials) coming soon took part in another reddit AMA (stands for "ask me anything" which is essentially a community Q&A) to answer fan questions about the game so far and upcoming plans. This is the first major Q&A since release, the pre-release AMA they did can be found here. Here are the highlights from the AMA (link to full discussion at source above):
- Game content patches will come out every 4-6 weeks. Weekly patches will be for service and for addressing bugs. The content patches won't all be as large as the Craglorn update coming soon, but will have a mix of new content and tweaks.
- New quests will be coming to existing zones.
- Dye/Armor Tinting will be coming. Achievements will unlock new dyes.
- Chat bubbles will be introduced soon, being tested internally now.
- Justice system will involve players stealing/killing NPCs and dealing with the consequences if caught. Guards may arrest you or try to kill you depending on your bounty.
- Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood will have their own skill lines but no time frame on when we can expect these two guilds.
- Spellcrafting – you can rediscover traditional Elder Scrolls school of magic – alteration, destruction etc. Also new frost spells.
- More guild ranks and customizations coming this year. Guild logos and tabards being looked at.
- Special mounts (Guar mentioned) coming soon but no release date.
- ZoS wants to implement player housing, but with a desire to do it right they have no timeline.
- New gear will be coming for crafting with the Veteran Rank being raised to VR12, but no new skill points needed to craft them.
- Vampire abilities are being reworked a bit, mainly because of being overpowered in PvP, they will be watching the changes closely to see how the 'class' performs. ( So far: Fixed the bug where multiple Bat Swarms can be stacked on the same Vampire. Reduced the movement speed bonus durring mist form to 30%. & Reduced the Vampire ability cost reduction to 7% per stage.)
- Werewolf however is having the opposite problem and under-performing, they will be receiving some buffs in the future.
- They are also looking at class balance and may be buffing some of the lesser used abilities of classes. For example with the Nightblade this includes abilities such as Master Assassin, Path of Darkness, Incapacitate, and more.
- Group phasing fixes is a high priority, allowing players that have completed content to still team up and help friends in those areas.
- Changes to heavy armor allowing players to generate ultimate more quickly when playing defensively - allowing tanks to generate ultimate as easily as other play-styles.
- Armor damage has been a bit high, especially in dungeons and for Craglorn and Trials players should see more durable armor.
- Group leader chevrons coming with patch 1.2.
- In PvP the XP value of enemy players will be doubled. They are also looking at adding more quests to encourage the hunting down of enemy players.
- Guild stores will soon have an option to expand into the non-PvP portion of the world where guilds will be able to bid on having their store featured by an NPC at a "Kiosk" in a major city. The winning guild bid will have that NPC offer their goods for one week before the bidding reopens for a new featured guild. (Guild store search features are being looked at as well with hopes to offer more options).
- European megaserver will move to European data center as soon as they finish dealing with the gold farmers, bots and spammers, and address more stability issues.
Our friends at Nix Comics are sponsoring The Outhouse this week. Show them you appreciate it by checking out their comics. One dollar from every Nix Comics sold this month will go to Kirby-4-Heroes.
You Might Also Like:
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Jeremy Shane
Jeremy was born in a small mountain village of a strange foreign land called Weystvurginea. Banishment for liberal views saw him spend years wondering the east coast until he decided to bike to California. When he saw how long a trip it was, he drove instead. Now he's living it up in a low humidity climate, sometimes working on his photography and when not, he writes for us covering books (by way of his blog: Reading Realms), gaming, tv, movies, comics, conventions in the SoCal area, and creates a weekly webcomic: A Journey Through Skyrim. If you look for him offline, start in the L.A. area; online start at: www.jeremyshane.info for his profile and all the social networks he's on... or just follow him on twitter, he seems to be on there a lot: @jeremyshane.
More articles from Jeremy Shane