Image's Skybound panel held its annual Walking Dead panel Thursday evening at SDCC. In attendance was The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and illustrator Charlie Adlard was on hand, as was editor Sean Mackiewicz. CBR has a pretty decent rundown of the event, but here are some highlights:
- Kirkman may eventually use the phrase "zombies" to describe the zombies in The Walking Dead.
- Negan's backstory will be revealed eventually. And Negan will eventually appear in the TV show.
- Kirkman admits that cutting Rick's hand off was a "stupid decisison" but he doesn't regret doing it.
- The Walking Dead comics never feature any characters with drug or alcohol addictions because Kirkman doesn't "do the drugs or alcohol things at all", so he never really thought about it.
- Kirkman still plans to publish "The Cutting Room Floor", a collection of Kirkman's original handwritten plots for the series. No release date was given, though.
- Neither Daryl or Clementine (from the Telltale video game) will appear in the comic series.
Again, CBR has a nice write-up of the event, so if you're interested in learning more about the panel, please go here to read it.