Image's Skybound panel held its annual Walking Dead panel Thursday evening at SDCC. In attendance was The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and illustrator Charlie Adlard was on hand, as was editor Sean Mackiewicz. CBR has a pretty decent rundown of the event, but here are some highlights:
- Kirkman may eventually use the phrase "zombies" to describe the zombies in The Walking Dead.
- Negan's backstory will be revealed eventually. And Negan will eventually appear in the TV show.
- Kirkman admits that cutting Rick's hand off was a "stupid decisison" but he doesn't regret doing it.
- The Walking Dead comics never feature any characters with drug or alcohol addictions because Kirkman doesn't "do the drugs or alcohol things at all", so he never really thought about it.
- Kirkman still plans to publish "The Cutting Room Floor", a collection of Kirkman's original handwritten plots for the series. No release date was given, though.
- Neither Daryl or Clementine (from the Telltale video game) will appear in the comic series.
Again, CBR has a nice write-up of the event, so if you're interested in learning more about the panel, please go here to read it.
The Outhouse is sponsored this week by Late Nite Draw. Recently featured on ComicsAlliances' Best Art Ever, he is a Chicago-based commissioned artist with a self-published Digital+Print one-shot coming out in October about the abominable snowman called ABOBAMANIMABBLE, and is also available for commissions. Check out some amazing art by clicking here or by clicking the banner at the top, and support the people who support The Outhouse.
You Might Also Like:
San Diego Harbor Police Have Arrested a Man in Connection to the Underage Cosplayer Reportedly Found Bloody and Unconscious in San Diego After Comic Con (UPDATED)
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - ThanosCopter
ThanosCopter is a specially designed helicopter built to transport Thanos the Mad Titan. Built by Sterling Custom Helicopters, ThanosCopter appeared in several Marvel comics, before being abandoned by its owner during the character's ascension into major villainy. ThanosCopter was discovered by the Outhouse and given a second chance at life. He now buzzes merrily around the comic book industry, spreading snark, satire and humor like candy to small children.
More articles from ThanosCopter