Tim Midura is reporting live from Image Expo in Seattle. We use the term reporting very loosely.
- Contrarian sensibility.
- Left of center social liberal.
- "A lot of pornography and historical fiction lately."
- First contemporary work in a decade
- About the aftermath of the next successful terrorist attack in the US.
- Travels a lot so thinks about terrorist attacks.
- Grew up during Cold War.
- "Living in state of genuine paranoia about collapse of culture."
- "Current political landscape exacerbates interest in this book."
- "Randy Newman of comics,Van Morrison of comics"
- Politics play a big role.
- American exceptionalism.
- "Gave up anti-war sentiments after seeing someone burn American flag."
- "Grew up on welfare, in tenements, by a woman who hated me."
- "Concept of terrorism, gender politics, and inbred about nature of others act out."
- Drugs big part of story as "drugs ease up the fear."
- Spent 25 years in drug and alcohol phase. Sober now.
Howard Chaykin (SATELLITE SAM, BLACK KISS, AMERICAN FLAGG!) with the able assistance of Jesus Aburto on coloring, and Ken Bruzenak on lettering, unleashes THE DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA.
THE DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA is set in the aftermath of a dirty bomb that wipes New York City off the map, as what will come to be known as the Second American Civil War shatters the domestic landscape in isolated pustules of violence...and a team of five private contractors is charged with stemming this tide of rage and bringing the bombers to justice.
THE DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA launches in Winter 2016.