FX recently announced the cast for its upcoming of Y: The Last Man, now simply titled Y. Missing from that announcement was the name of the monkey that was going to play Ampersand, the male monkey owned by Yorick Brown. The network has revealed that the monkey will be "mostly CGI." This leaves it up in the air about which part of the monkey will be live-action and not computer generated.
The cast is:
- Barry Keoghan as Yorick Brown, the last man.
- Diane Lane as Senator Jennifer Brown, a junior senator and Yorick's mom.
- Imogen Poots as Hero Brown, Yorick's sister and EMT.
- Lashana Lynch as Agent 355, a Secret Service agent.
- Juliana Canfield as Beth, a Brooklyn-based knife maker who grew up on a farm.
- Marin Ireland as Nora, the president's senior assistant and right hand.
The pilot will be directed by Melina Matsoukas.
The comic series, by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, follows Yorick Brown, the last man on earth, as he tries to found out what wiped out every other man on Earth.