So just who is aiding Loki in the Avengers (2012)? Some possible details have surfaced revealing just who are Loki's allies. Some we've known and one in particular we don't.
Are you sure you want to read this? One last warning before I go on into possible juicy plot details. Okay I warned you.
- The Skrulls are now at the moment called the "Redacted" due to Fox still owning the name rights to the Skrulls since it's apart of the Fantastic Four franchise. However, they still shapeshift, but instead of being all green are multi colored now.
- Thanos is in the movie and ally to Loki, who's promised him the Infinity Gaunlet. In return, Thanos has given him control of his armies the Redacted. However, what Thanos doesn't know he's but a pawn to Loki's grander schemes.
- Loki also gets in this deal a large snake-like creature called the Leviathan.
- At one point during the movie Loki tricks both Thanos and the Redacted hence why he shows up being with the Avengers, possibly by movie's end.
And now possibly the greatest plot detail...
- The Red Skull is in the movie. During his travels, Loki meets the Red Skull and joins forces with him and is his true partner. Together they split the Infinity Gems amongst one another (Loki takes the Mind, Reality, and Power gems and Red Skull takes the Soul, Time, and Space gem).
However, take these plot details with a grain of salt. This does sound too good to be true. Also Hugo Weaving confirmed right after Captain America: The First Avenger that he not reprise the role of the Red Skull for it's sequel.
Still, could it be just a ploy from him, much like hiding the fact Megatron was returning in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and the fact he be reprising the role instead for the Avengers? And for those stating the Heroclix Red Skull featured in the Avengers pack soon to be released, should take note that the set includes characters from both the Thor and Captain America movies.
Source: The Avengers (2012): Big Rumors: Not Skrulls, Thanos, The Movie Was Shot In Secret?
Written or Contributed by: Zechs
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Zechs
Zechs is the lord and master of The Toy Shed, Character Spotlight, and Cartoon Reviews. He's also an aspiring comic book writer trying to get some of his works published on the Outhouse. If there's any greater quality to Zechs, it's that he's an avid fan of comic book characters and would defend them to the bitter end against the companies that use them wrongly. Zechs walks the lonely path in Chicagoland area.
More articles from Zechs