Help the Ghastly Awards have a great inaugural year by joining the nomination process!
Here's the press release:
We are pleased to tell you that the Ghastly Awards are coming!
Founded in 2011 by Decapitated Dan with the help of Steve Banes, Mike Howlett, Lonnie Nadler and Mykal Banta, The Ghastly Awards have been created for horror comic creators to nominate their peers for industry wide recognition. But the only way for them to know how to vote is to get the word out there to them.
Nominating works like this:
• Creators (Artists, Writers, Inkers, Colorists, Letterers, Editors and Web Comic Creators) have one year to nominate, and are allowed to nominate up to 5 times during that year. You can not nominate yourself and you can not nominate someone/something more than once.
• At the end of the year nominations will be counted and the top 5 in each category will be the nominees.
• That list of nominees will be voted on by a panel of 5 judges. These judges will be members of the horror comics community who do not have any part in making comics; Reviewers, Journalists and Historians.
Now we know that this is the end of the year, so we need your help in getting the word out there to creators so we can get nominations in for 2011. Please visit http://www.ghastlyawards.com to nominate. Nominating will be open for 2011 comic books until Feb. 29, 2012.
The Ghastly Award Judges
Decapitated Dan, Steve Banes, Mike Howlett, Lonnie Nadler & Mykal Banta
The categories for the awards are:
- Best Ongoing Title
- Best Mini Series
- Best One-Shot
- Best New Series
- Best Anthology
- Best Original Graphic Novel
- Best Archival Collection
- Best Horror Comic Related Book
- Best Writer
- Best Artist
- Best Inker
- Best Letterer
- Best Colorist
- Best Web Comic
- Hall of Fame Candidates
Source: Press Release
Written or Contributed by: Jude Terror
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters is strongly discouraged. Thanks!
About the Author - Jude Terror
Jude Terror is the Webmaster Supreme of The Outhouse and a sarcastic ace reporter dedicated to delivering irreverent comics and entertainment news to The Outhouse's dozens of loyal readers. Driven by a quest for vengeance, Jude Terror taught himself to program and joined The Outhouse. He instantly began working toward his goal of forcing the internet comics community to take itself less seriously and failing miserably. Ironically, our webmaster, whose website skills know no end, has very little understanding of social networks or how they work. Regardless, you can find him on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, but would probably have the most luck just emailing him.
More articles from Jude Terror