So what kind of goodies does Marvel Animation have for us this year? Zechs found out at the Marvel Animation Panel!!
Jeph Loeb hosts the panel where he showcasing the Marvel Universe block that's currently showing on Disney XD. However, the panel showed a clip from Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H. In the clip the Hulk and his team face dimension hoping insects. From what I could tell from the clip Clancy Brown will be voicing Red Hulk and Will Friedle will be voicing A-Bomb. It was nice quick action with a couple homages to the Hulk TV series from the 80s.
- They showed a bunch of Marvel Mash-ups. Humorous as always.
- Now for the spoilery parts. The Ultimate Spider-Man was episode nine and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was tomorrrow's episode.
- One last chance. You were warned.
- The episode of Ultimate Spider-Man was written by Brian Bendis and has Wolverine guest starring (voiced by Steve Blum). Him and Spidey take down Mesmero, who has the last laugh however using a hypnotic trick to switch their bodies. That's right it's a loose adapation of an Ultimate Spider-Man story.
Spidey in Wolverine's body accidently stabs himself numerous times and has to run around the city avoiding a vengence craving Sabretooth. Wolverine in Spidey's body of course does some akward things to Pete's life. This is probably the best episode of Ultimate Spider-Man I've seen. Not many cutaways and the ones that did were actually pretty funny.
- Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has the Avengers trying to protect the Masters of Evil from the Enchantress. This episode cleans up all super villain loose ends from last. Zemo demands that Captain America keep his word throughout the episode and surprisingly (or not) it's Cap who double crosses Zemo when the Enchantress comes a calling. However, Zemo uses his back-up plan of the Norn stones and tries to counter the Enchantress's magic.
The episode is literred with Thor easter eggs and ends on a new subplot for the show.. SURFTER IS FREE.
All and all I have to honestly admit the Ultimate Spider-Man episode was better written this turn. There was too much crammed in the Avengers episode and you could see the twist with "Cap" coming because Zemo kept saying, "I know you Cap. You'll keep your word unlike them." Still a good episode, but not great.
That's pretty much it with the panel.
Written or Contributed by: Zechs
You Might Also Like:
Image Expo: James Robinson To Write Dense, Self-Referential Meta-Comic About Golden Age Hero; In Other Words, It's Thursday
Comment without an Outhouse Account using Facebook
Note: while you are welcome to speak your mind freely on any topic, we do ask that you keep discussion civil between each other. Nasty personal attacks against other commenters are not welcome here. Thanks!